Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > LOOKING FOR SPANISH DVDS    

LOOKING FOR SPANISH DVDS

gabrielamcardenas
Mexico

Hi, it �s my first time here so I just read your post about beautiful movies. Arr�ncame la Vida is a wonderful movie from the book with the same name by Angeles Mastreta. El Amor en los Tiempos del C�lera is also a very good movie made from the book with the same name, different author (Garc�a Marquez).
There are some very good and funny movies like Cilantro y Perejil wich talks about a couple and their problems, Todo el Poder about mexican politics, El Segundo Aire about a couple finding their way back to each other.
Another really good one is Solo con Tu Pareja.
I hope this helps and you enjoy them. They really are great. They are mexican movies, I also saw Juana La Loca. It �s from Spain and its wonderful. Gabriela

18 Jun 2009     

les*
Mexico

i strongly recommend ELSA Y FRED is an argentinean movie about love, not a chick flick because the main characters are widowers, really cute and moving story!

18 Jun 2009     

poleta
Spain

"M�a Sarah"  de Gustavo Ron nice film about feelings and fantasy:

Samuel (Manuel Lozano), es un adolescente de 13 a�os que sufre agorafobia desde que sus padres murieron en un accidente de tr�fico. Se encarga de �l Marina (Ver�nica S�nchez) su hermana, que vive agobiada por las deudas y la enfermedad de su hermano. Samuel se deshace de todos sus profesores particulares, a la vez que psicologos con la ayuda de su abuelo Paul (Fernando Fern�n G�mez). cosa que trae de cabeza a Marina. Por casualidad, o m�s bien por accidente, Marina conoce a Gabriel (Daniel Guzm�n), un psic�logo t�mido al que le cuesta relacionarse con los dem�s, pero que sin embargo tiene planes de trabajo muy originales y efectivos. Aunque Samuel intenta deshacerse de �l como de los dem�s profesores, con Gabriel lo tendr� dific�l.

18 Jun 2009     

andreaewa
Uruguay

here you will find 50 films to choose from. http://www.taringa.net/posts/tv-peliculas-series/2756716/Top-50---Pel%C3%ADculas-Argentinas.html
I suggest you "Diarios de motocicletas"

18 Jun 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

El Orfanato - The orphanage

Synopsis

Haunting secrets of the past resurface when a child mysteriously disappears in the supernatural thriller The Orphanage, a spinetingler with a jaw-dropping twist that will take your very last breath away! Produced by Academy Award� nominated filmmaker Guillermo del Toro (Pan�s Labyrinth).

Visionary Guillermo del Toro and acclaimed director J. A. Bayona present The Orphanage, a �positively terrifying� (John Anderson, Newsday) new vision of the classic ghost story. Returning to her childhood home � a mysterious, seaside orphanage � Laura and her family unknowingly unleash a long-forgotten, evil spirit. Now, thrust into a chilling nightmare that involves the disappearance of her young son, Laura must confront the memories of her past before the ghosts of the orphanage destroy her� and everyone she has ever loved.

Released Date: December 28, 2007
Directed by: J. A. Bayona
Starring: Bel�n Rueda, Fernando Cayo and Roger Pr�ncep

ONE OF THE BEST FILMS I �VE SEEN!!!!! ; ))

18 Jun 2009     

txellalalluna
Andorra

LOS LUNES AL SOL (starring Bardem, no idea about the director, dealing with unemployment, very interesting with positive and negative aspects)
LA LENGUA DE LAS MARIPOSAS (beautiful tale on love, friendship and hypocrisy in the setting of the Spanish Civil war. based on a short story by the Galician writer Manuel Rivas)
OBABA (again based on a collection of stories, now it �s a basque writer. it recreates an imaginary world, the world of OBABA. Halfway between magic realism and social study)
PRINCESAS (sorry, i don �t know directors or anything, i guess you can easily google it. It �s a story about protitution and immigration in Barcelona)
and for a real modern classic, some Pedro Almodovar - one of the most succesful spanish film directors. somewhat surreal, kitsch films but funny and original.
ALL ABOUT MY MOTHER is my favourite almodovar one (TODO SOBRE MI MADRE)

cinema is a great way to get into students � linguistic soul!!!!

18 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

El Laberinto del Fauno is very good - though there are a couple of quite violent scenes.
Another film I really like is called Intacto - it �s a Spanish/English film.
 T :)

19 Jun 2009     

raperonzolo
Italy

I would just to thank you for your suggestions!

It �s difficult to find the movies, however Managed to find "La mala leche" y "The Orphanage", do you know them. Nobody suggested "La mala leche", is it a bad movie?
Thanks in advance

Cheer

19 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2