Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Respect to everybody..RESPECT!!!!!!!!!    

Respect to everybody..RESPECT!!!!!!!!!

spring
Turkey

Respect to everybody..RESPECT!!!!!!!!!

Cuchinerita
Italy

LOLLOL

OHH MY.........

What is this picture doing here? that �s not proper for this forum!
Maybe the fact that Turkish people don �t see girls in bikini as often as other people (because they are all wraped around with tunics! ).. this kind of pics make them get �excited � with a pic of ladies with almost no clothes!!! Gosh!

20 Jun 2009    

What kind of trivia is this!!!!!!

I came across with this post while reading the previous threads.

Some people- I guess- sometimes forget where they are.

And I see that being an educated person isn �t always enough to speak with right manners.
Why are we here for God �s sake. For mocking others as the way we wish????
What kind of manner is this????
Does this person know anything about my country and its history????
Does he/she have any idea about life styles of people in Turkey???
How can he/she speak like that and make generalisations that doesn �t reflect the truth???
Let the other issues be in other sites. Not here.I will delete this post after a while too.
We should learn throughly about an issue and then speak about it.
And we should be respectful to each other.

This is the first time I have been in such a bad anger with a person from here..
And I am so sorry.Accept my apologies if I sound too harsh but I couldn �t help myself replying. 
I can �t stand such utterances that doesn �t reflect the truth.

20 Jun 2009      

Denisa
Romania

YOU ARE SO RIGHT, SPRING! BUT, UNFORTUNATLY, SOME OF US DO NOT KNOW THE WORD "RESPECT", AND THEY THINK THEY CAN SAY OR DO ANYTHING WITHOUT WONDERING HOW THAT AFFECTS THE OTHERS.... IT �S A SHAME...WE ROMANIANS HAVE TO DEAL WITH SO MANY PREJUDICES AND MEAN INTENTIONS WHEN WE GET ABROAD, SO I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR FURY VERY WELL! PEOPLE RUSH TO LABEL AND JUDGE US WITHOUT KNOWING JUST A LITTLE, TINY THING ABOUT US, ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING...

BEST THOUGHTS FROM THE LOVELY ROMANIA,
DENISA

20 Jun 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi Spring
Wow, you are such a beautiful bride! And your groom, too! Congratulations!!!
About this post: I saw it last night and even wrote a comment on it. First I jumped of shock and anger, exactly like you, when I saw the comment of this person you �re quoting.  Then I read it carefully and I realized that she didn �t mean it this way. She is actually mocking the people who expressed shock and anger at the picture - In other words she is totally on the side of our Turkish friend who posted the picture.
She is mocking people who have ridiculous preconceived ideas and stereotypes by expressing openly and loudly some of these stereotypes. It �s a form of humor. But a risky one. In my opinion it �s a mistake to use this kind of humor here. We are a whole bunch of people with different backgrounds and values meeting over here in this forum and we should be careful. We should make a supreme effort to express our views in a gentle and correct manner so that nobody gets offended.
All the best,
Aimee

20 Jun 2009     

maker1
Turkey

Memthefirst or who ever he was said and done something on the spur of the moment may be due to the stress of the whole year �s work. It wasn �t very nice and I am sure he feels the same but that is no way to go and attack somebody or a whole nation. Just put down one on his childishness and forget it. Teachers are meant to be educated and wise to see better.

20 Jun 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I quite understand your anger, dear Pinar. It also shocked me when I first saw it. I really believe that we have to be careful when writing mainly if some cultural aspects are implied. I think that cuchinerita tried to sound funny but in a way touched some people �s feelings.

21 Jun 2009