Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > focus on form...    

focus on form...

Damielle
Argentina

focus on form...

Has anybody worked with or studied "focus on form" by Michael H. Long? I �ll welcome any contributions.

21 Jun 2009      

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, I haven �t dear Dami. But, I �m so curious to know more about it!!
I �ll be following up any contribution related to this topic.
Hugs,
Nebal

21 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Damielle

Yes, we touched on his work in my TESOL post graduate degree as part of the (gruelling) subject Theories of Second Langauage Learning.  Our lecturer showed us a video with him in it:  he talked about focus on form.

Second language acquisition and the language curriculum. (1986). Video recording. AMEP National Curriculum Resource Centre, Adelaide College of Tafe, Renaissance Centre Adelaide. A Light Image Production.

21 Jun 2009     

peiolei
Spain

I have studied it in my Master recently and it is when students learn a second language incidentally , focusing on meaning (communicative approach) and not on all grammar points. Focus on form is task-based oriented. On the other hand, we have what we call focus on formS, which is just the contrary.
I hope to have helped you,
Paola

21 Jun 2009