Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Problem with submitting an online exercise    

Problem with submitting an online exercise

ishu
Turkey

Problem with submitting an online exercise

When I click on submit after preparing the exercise, I get the following message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error �80040e14 �

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.45-community-nt-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near �s Diner by Suzanne Vega �, �elementary �,Choose,Choose, �present simpleTom �s Diner b � at line 1

/makeagame/sendform.asp, line 555

What does it mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

23 Jun 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I just uploaded a new ws and had no problems at all.
You might want to wait and try again.
Most of us have this problem at one time or another.

Did you save your document as a word doc?
Is it under 300 kb?

But usually it helps to try again.
Good luck
L

23 Jun 2009     

ishu
Turkey

Thanks for the reply, Libertybell, but it �s an online exercise. I have been having the same problem for the last couple of weeks. I don �t know what to do. I have promised my students to send an exercise that they can work on while they are at work. But it seems submitting online exercises doesn �t work for me.

Does anyone else know what that error message mean?

Thanks.

23 Jun 2009     

denybo
Mexico

Hi Ishu,

I don �t know what your problem seems to be with it, but I made an online exercise which was (apparently) submited with no problems, but I �ve been looking for it with no luck... it �s not published and I don �t know why there �s no option for seeing the exercises I �ve created online... there should be an option for us to administer all of the exercises we create online, to be able to correct them or make changes easily... as I see it, we would have to do the exercises over... which I find to be a pitty.

I hope someone can help us! (I �d love for someone to tell me I �m wrong and point me to the right direction with online exercises).

24 Jun 2009