Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > By 2050 ...    

By 2050 ...

Ivona
Serbia

By 2050 ...

... TEACHERS, as a �race �, will have disappeared??? Urgh, spooky. Dead
Will they or will they not? Can the unthinkable be ... thinkable? (too-ree-ruru too-ree-ruru ... music from The Twilight Zone)

25 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t believe you Ivona. Nobody or no machine can handle the job of being a mother-nurse-psychologist-mediator-negociator-educator-dresser aka as teacher.

25 Jun 2009     

jennybohmes
Argentina

manoClap

25 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Thank you, Manonski. I was brushing my teeth (bedtime, you know) and my mind went racing and i ended up with this thought: what if we are no longer needed some time in the future? ... And for the time being, i can say �phew� ...

25 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

Manon you are completely right. A teacher can not be replaced by any machine since there is not any computer that can play all the roles teachers do

25 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

"there is not any computer" now.
we couldn �t communicate while on the move a few decades ago, but we can now.
that �s why i said �by 2050 �. just take a look at how fast the technology is advancing and influencing things to change. also, it was unthinkable to teach �online � a few years ago, but it�s taking place between teachers and students (more and more) these days ... what was unthinkable in the past, is normal in the present ...

25 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Ivona, I know you have a huge imagination.
I �m retiring in 2025. Phew... I should be ok.

25 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm ... i guess it �s the IMAGINATION that could cause problems to us and our occupation!! (eureka!) Hmmm ... from now on ... hmmm Ermm (rubbing my chin) i �m going to pluck out any creative buds that i notice in my ss who are THE future and could think of the unthinkable. Most of them don �t like school and teachers anyway ... hmmm ...

25 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

On a serious note, I think that the way we teach will evolve and we �ll have to adapt to the technologies. But I believe teachers will remain indispensable, just like a parent �s job.

25 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhh, parents. Parents are almost extinct already! They �re nowhere to be found! Only at work. And when they �re home, they �re too tired from work and must get ready to go to bed in order to be able to get up on time for work. I could go on and on about them ... but won �t ... i have to get up in 5h 2min exactly!

25 Jun 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Interesting...  Oh on the emotions read the tech news from I think Tuesday.  A new robot that expresses emotions was put on display in Japan.

Personal thought on it.  Most countries use eduction as a political tool for the elections and seems to be a common agreement amongst all parties.  They point out the last administrations short comings and then say how they will fix the "problem."   Usually it is a bandaid or false promises so that when the next election comes eduction is right there in the foreground to be "fixed."  At the same time there are these individuals who have either only taught for a couple years or none at all pulling in all these new theories.  I of course love reading some of those theories based on little to no evidence with almost no actual case studies.  Teachers who actually speak out for the students are called radicals while most keep quiet.  Misconception about teaching that it is only a part time job when most work from early morning in till late at night.  So yes looking at the different theories that teachers won �t be needed in the future isn �t that much of a shock.  Just the time may differ, we are suppose to be already living in outerspace and driving flying cars.

25 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >