Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need suggestion for a lesson!    

Need suggestion for a lesson!

Zarade
United States

Need suggestion for a lesson!

Hey my 200.000 world-wide members,�
I have to tell you that I only joined last Friday and you made me feel right at home. �THANK YOU! �
This website is like that sci-fi 5th dimension where all things are nice! Candyland. I love it.

And for my big help request, I need to locate a reading article for class, like a newspaper article. �It has to be possibly on the short side, �but needs to be funny, or quirky, or quirky-funny...
Anyone?�

Sending a world-wide hug�
HugHugHug

26 Jun 2009      

roneydirt
United States

Teen News, News of the Weird, Odd News....  there �s three and groups and there are more.  Check with the local paper in your area, also several have a special edition for schools with some written by students.

26 Jun 2009     

lgk1000
United States

There is a website called breakingnewsenglish.com that I absolutely love. It has short articles on all sorts of interesting subjects. They post a new article every three days and each one is accompanied by a full lesson plan with warm up questions, fill in the blanks, discussion questions, etc. You can also search using keywords to find articles from past months or years. I use articles from the site all the time with my upper level students and they seem to really enjoy the material.

Hope this was helpful to you, good luck!

26 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

I have a perfect newspaper story for you:

Yappy ending for puppy flushed down loo

I used this article for two lessons:

Lesson 1, Reading Newspapers. The task was to summarise a newspaper article and give it a headline. (students were not given the original headline until after they had completed the tesk).  Result:  They loved this story - they laughed  a lot.  They had brillian headlines like Lucky Puppy Escape.

Lesson 2 (the following week), Reading Newspapers.  The students were required to analyse cartoon techniques.  I then asked them to write their own cartoon using the story from the previous week.  Result:  The most amazing cartoons demonstrating their comprehension skills of the article.

So, this story is short and funny.  It is recent and versatile.  I found it very successful, in fact so successful many of my colleagues then copied my idea.

26 Jun 2009     

Ticas
Portugal

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=210394#thetop
This is a test I made for my students after a newspaper article: a woman who died from having too much piercings on her body!
Check it if you want! I don �t know if it is what you have in mind.
Bye

26 Jun 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

You might find some resources here.

26 Jun 2009