Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > blingual class English German    

blingual class English German

sldp
France

blingual class English German

hi!

Next school year I �m going to teach a class of 1st year students who will be learning English and German too  (they started either German or English  in primary school) ;
With the German teacher, we �d like to work together and bring emphasis on cognates between the 2 languages.

Do the German teachers here know sites with stuff in both languages?  (I �m mostly interested in  illustrated vocabulary )

Preferably something simple to use as I do not speak German ;((

Thanks a lot for your help!

27 Jun 2009      

crisholm
Spain

You can try these, but an illustrated beginner �s pictionary would be better, I guess.

27 Jun 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

Why don �t you and your colleague give the students a pictionary of the topics (animals, food, colours, clothes...) without words, so that they can label the pictures in both the languages?

27 Jun 2009     

sldp
France

hi!

Thanks for your tips and ideas.

We do have lots of ideas but what I really need is a site with printable illustrated pictionaries : as I mentioned in my post I don �t speak German so I need to be able to learn & check I understand first before I do it with my students or to be able to check their work.

27 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Are they first year elementary, high or university students?

This is quite good (5 languages) but might be a little complex, depending on whether you have good graphics software or the level of your students:

http://www.onlinebook.mn/index.php?target=products&product_id=3043

Let me know the age/level of your students & I may have something else for you fairly soon.

Cheers,
AB

27 Jun 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I sent you a PM.

27 Jun 2009