Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHY POINTS MATTER...    

WHY POINTS MATTER...

Anna P
Brazil

Thank you for this touching and meaningful post that expresses the feelings of so many of us. For me, eslprintables has been an additional chance of living in the world of teaching.  I am a retired teacher but I still have private students so I did not miss having children around me or even a classroom because I have a lovely one in my house.  But I missed the atmosphere of a school, the sharing of tips, worksheets, news... I found all these here in this welcoming community!  I learned lots of computer skills and even English grammar because I used to work with preschool kids and now I also teach older students.
It was my daughter (who replaced me as a teacher in my former school) who pointed out that all my points meant that there were teachers and students all over the world using my worksheets.  I was an astonishing tought! It made me realise that I am not a useless old retired teacher but an active member of a fastastic international teaching group.
Thanks again, Anita, and please keep your post.  

27 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Congratulations, Anita.  When I read your post I decided to spy and see how many points you have and I �m amazed (and also a bit jealous!).  I think that some people here do focus too much about the points system - especially at the beginning when they �re trying to get those all-important 30 so they can start downloading.

I �ve been a member for a couple of months now and have always seen you taking part in forum debates and offering help to other people.  And to a certain extent, it �s true that points don �t matter as we are able to help each other in many ways.

So, again, thanks to everyone for not only providing great worksheets, but also really useful ideas, tips and, not forgetting, a place to vent our frustrations at the end of the day.

T :)

27 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Well, I poured my heart out and nobody laughedEmbarrassed- this is greatWink

Since I �m off to bed now, I just couldn �t leave without saying something truly clever to all of you-

Anita

27 Jun 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Thank you, Anita, for expressing in words what I would have said but haven �t yet!! It �s a wonderful feeling when you think that kids all over the world are learning and enjoying these great worksheets. Often my kids, teens and adults want to know the nationality of the teacher who made the worksheet. How they went about producing it..ideas, etc. They �ve all made such wonderful progress and want to continue with me next year!!
Thanks everyone!!
Fiona

27 Jun 2009     

FroggyClaudine
France

I totally agree with you. The teachers here do a wonderful job and some of them are just awsome. Thank you.

27 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Anita, i �ve just arrived from a 12-hours � cherry picking and i cannot read what you wrote there, but having exchanged a few pm�s, and having downloaded some of your work, and having received some of your students � pics, i �m pretty sure you put in some wise ingredients into that post of yours. So thanks, in advance. I �m off to shower now and clean my nails from dirt. It was a lovely but very tiring day. Ciyas! Hug

27 Jun 2009     

winky2
United Kingdom

I really love your post. It �s so beatiful and so much true.
Your friend is a very wise person, too. Best wishes to both of you :)

27 Jun 2009     

ynroko1
Slovenia

I agree with you Anita, and with other comments too.
I �d just like to add that to share work with other teachers on this site is just a pleasure and fun, it �s challenging.
And I especially appreciate all the help we get here, in comparison with coleagues in schools I �ve worked with, where I experienced many times that they were envy, or wanted to work individually instead of sharing, helping and making job easier . I got the feeling that they were afraid to cooperate, because when making mistakes we are not "perfect" anymore.

"Nobody is perfect, and I am Nobody."

Have a nice day/night.
Y.

28 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2