Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you select elements in a word doc and then save it as an image_??    

How do you select elements in a word doc and then save it as an image_??

moravc
Czech Republic

I don �t print any colour wss. I first try to remove all colour, change the whole worksheet to a "printer friendly" ws. I always download ws with BW version included :-D

If you have your wss BW : YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO UPLOAD BOTH VERSIONS IN ONE FILE !!!! Just write the name of the wss like this:
My friends and ME or I? + BW version included (4 pages)

and guess what? You �ll become even more popular !!!!! :-DDD

It �s easy to insert some background colour + pics on the first page to make it more attractive, but it is not necessary...

You can even delete some of your "unsuccessful ws" and upload them again with some cute pics + bw printer friendly version in one... I bet you get 100 points for that Big smile

I SUPPOSE most teachers use colourful worksheets for INTERACTIVE whiteBOARD - they don �t print them, they DISPLAY THEM.
In this case the colour is more than welcome :-)

27 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

ANOTHER PRECIOUS PIECE OF ADVICE!!!

I myself have no interactive board (unfortunately), and my students are mainly adults or young learners, so they do not care much for pictures, but they do bring a certain something to the WSs. The thing is, it wouldn �t matter how you would use the WS, colorful ones will be more "attractive".

And I guess we could always say that we DO like pretty things, and afterwards, we judge how good they actually are! hhehehehe
LOL

Let us keep up the good work, dear (new) friends.
I hope we all get the best from one another.

Best wishes

27 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

The non-editable worksheets are not so convenient. Some "famous" contributors do upload those worksheets, but it is because they don�t work with MS Word and they HAVE TO CONVERT the final wss some way...

I would strongly suggest to GROUP THE PICTURES by clicking on them and format - group.
All pics won �t move after this...
The wss is still editable and useful...

There are HUNDREDS of esl sites on web, where you can find PDF worksheets or JPG worksheets.
This site is DIFFERENT. Teachers here are more generous, more original and try to make their wss as editable as possible.

This is the best news about eslprintables.
This is why I love this site and all the hardworking people here !

27 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Moravac,
Thanks for your suggestions in the PM I �ve just recieved, I just thought I �ll clarify this in here because I �m very aware that stealing works from others is not right! And I �m not planning on doing this! I have some pictionaries but they are too big!
So you say that B&W version and editable things are more popular but how do you explain then that these wss for instance....(below)have HUGE downloads! (not that I know the members or have something against them please!!!)... I just think of it, they are uploading uneditable things (maybe so that people don �t copy paste their pics, or whatever reason, or too bigs pics).. but they are the most attractive and wss.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=253117#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=250875#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=247938#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=235481#this

Edit: Sorry my post came after your last reply! which I think answers this! Sorrya bout that!
Thank you very much!  for replying!!!

27 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I suppose Paula works with Publisher and so she has to convert her worksheets to a single picture. But as you can see the RESULT is usually not top quality resolution of single minipictures!
Paula includes the black and white version in her worksheets which makes her wss even better and popular :-)

The other two contributors upload their work to their blogs in PDF, so we have their work here as a bonus :-))

Sometimes it is necessary to upload a single picture, because of the TEXT layout or "too many fancy fonts + pics" wouldn �t fit in the limit of 300 kB...

For example is it really hard to make the text upside down in MS Word and group it with other pictures and text boxes :-) Then you have to copy-paste jpg...

Still, in most cases, it is usually POSSIBLE to make the wss full of fancy fonts and cute pictures EDITABLE.
It usually depends on the skills of the contributor and his experience and the software s/he uses...

We cannot force somebody to rewrite his old wss if it was written in non-convertable word processor...
But I suppose most of the teachers upload their newest works which are editable...

27 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Well... now I can see (even more) how great the people of this site really are. I downloaded the first WS of Vanda �s, but didn �t download the others, because they wouldn �t be of use for me the way they are, at the same time I was thinking, why upload them this way? Why not editable so other teachers can mold them to their necessities?

But I didn �t stop to think that maybe they just can �t, it �s not that they don �t want to. I have most of my worksheets in Corel Draw, when OI joined ESLprintables I tried to convert them somehow to MWord, but there �s just no way, either they get messy, or too big, or with a terrible resolution. So, as I have time I �m trying to make them in MWord, or making others.

But still, I will prefer and download the editable ones, only know I won �t judge! hehehehe

Kisses, everyone!

27 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I would conclude this discussion:
90 - 95 percent of contributions are editable.
Only a few contributors here upload non-editable single pic worksheets.
It isn �t their bad will, it is usually a matter of software they use.
It is their good will, if they take time, convert their original work and upload it here...
We cannot punish them for that...

But maybe, it would be terribly kind of them if they included bw version as well, because a lot of teachers need the printer-friendly version and they cannot edit their work...
It also would be very usefuly if they wrote "non-editable" or "non-editable + BW included" in the name of the ws and in the description.

But still, we cannot force anybody to do even more.
Majority of people here try to do their best. So let �s be G*R*A*T*E*F*U*L !

28 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2