Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Memory stick - Esl printables workshets ... lost    

Memory stick - Esl printables workshets ... lost

nejar
Peru

Memory stick - Esl printables workshets ... lost

I feel sad for not being able to recover my data. It seems that my memory stick is damaged. The so valuable ESL printables worksheets, of course!!! You must imagine how I feel ... Cry
I read sometime ago of a similar case and there was someone who suggested of a way to recover all this information saved. Hope that someone can read my post and give me a clue. or somebody else...!
BTW, where do you save all this info.? Is there a safe way to do it?

Nelly

28 Jun 2009      

alien boy
Japan

I always keep a back up copy of my essential stuff burnt to a cd or dvd. That way if my USB key/thumb drive/memory stick/hard drive/whatever else �goes west � then I still have a secure back up available.

Re your memory stick - it depends on what you mean when you say �damaged �. Is it just that you can �t view files that are there? When you �right click � your memory stick in �My Computer � (I �m assuming you use Windows) & you choose �Properties � does it say that you have used & unused space or is there no information available?

Cheers,
AB

28 Jun 2009     

nejar
Peru

Hi AB!

It �s just that it doesn �t recognize my memory stick so I don �t know if there is something to be done. Thanks for your answer !

Nelly

28 Jun 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

This kind of thing teaches us all to indeed create back ups!!! Most of us seem to think �it won �t happen to me �. It just might, a few weeks ago my son accicentally erased his entire computer (including the windows operating system!!!!) I didn �t even know one could do that - by accident. It really got me scared so I copied all my english folders to disc that same day. The problem is of course that with all the recent contributions every day such a back-up is outdated very fast! (and I download only 4-5 new contributions a day. I can imagine how fast someone �s collection grows if they really download close to 30 everyday!
I think I �ll just go and make a new back-up disc today, better invest a few minutes in that than weeks in trying to recover lost materials :)

28 Jun 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Try using it in a different computer. Sometimes it helps. I myself have changed the usb (in the same computer) where I connect the stick and it reads it...

If it is damaged there �s software to recover data. Google it and you �ll see. Once I recovered almost 10 Gigas out of a 2 giga pendrive using this kind of software!

28 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

good advice there Tricia! - they were going to be my next suggestions Smile

28 Jun 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Hi nejar...

grrrrrrr......Cry...Believe me...I know how you feel...A while back my usb stick crashed on me...And i had ALL... my work in it including esl printables... Unfortunately I could not retrieve ANY of my work....

I took it to an expert who has programmes to recover my work... paid 100 euro.. but UNFORTUNATELY... NOTHING... but that was my usb stick.. Yes... check it out on an another pc... or download a revover programme other... Im really really...

Now...I do not not do the same mistake...I back up my work in THREE different places... so if my USB stick goes dead then i don not have to worry...

Be well...Do not be sad...I am with you on this....

Greek Professor...

28 Jun 2009     

nejar
Peru

Thanks for all your answers! Hard ... but as Marion says this kind of thing teaches us! I �ll try all you have told me!
Thanks a bunch!

Nelly

28 Jun 2009