Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > An idea    

An idea

donapeter
Romania

Everyday we see handicapped people around us. This is the rough part of life. We do help them or we just ignore them. We often park on their parking places and we are disturbed if they walk too slow to catch a bus or when they can �t handle to do something and we have to wait for them. The most common words are that they should �t be exposed, they should stay somewhere out of our sight, out of our routine. We don �t like to see them, right?
Well, I think they don �t want to be discriminated, they want to show us that they can fight, they want to show us that they are even better than us. I know what is behind a physical trauma, I know how it is to hide not to offense people �s aesthetic criteria of life.
Don �t blame disabilities, thank God you are better and try to make the world different.
If we pretend they don �t exist, they won �t disappear.
D

29 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I agree Harim et al,

down with dictatorship & censorship!

Up with democracy.... but should it be a compulsory democracy - e.g. in Australia every adult citizen must vote in elections or be fined - or a voluntary democracy - e.g. in the good ol � USA where a 50% voter turnout (if your lucky) is the exception rather than the rule?

edlerverein - I think you �ve got your political history a little mixed up with definitions there... if everyone has the right to vote & influence the decision (as distinct from just the appearance of influence) then you do have a democracy.  Just because you disagree with the reason for a vote doesn �t mean it �s not valid. That is the road to fascism...

but I �d have to agree that things can be taken too far.

Mind you, again, I �m not saying I disagree or agree with the vote on this subject - just thinking out loud about democracy.

29 Jun 2009     

Akanah
Spain

I think it �s not just a matter of disgusting or not disgusting pics, it �s about space. Victor created the caf� for a reason. Pics are heavy and we don �t want to collapse the system again. So, from my POV, these pics, the "happy birthday", "enjoy your summer"... pics, should be placed in the caf�.

We can use these pics in class? I guess so. Nebal could provide a link or bookmark them so they could be deleted.

Just my point of view, no offence Nebal, really.

Have a nice day :=)

Olga

29 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Or better yet... make a worksheet or PowerPoint!

29 Jun 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hear Hear Olga

29 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

I would really like to hear what you guys mean by political.   

As far as religious,  I am always interested in hearing about other peoples religious custom and ceremonies.

29 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2