Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Saying thanks won īt hurt    

Saying thanks won īt hurt

zailda
Brazil

Saying thanks won īt hurt

Sometimes I see new members begging for comments and I feel they īre right, because when you start doing a new thing, a feed-back is always important. Comments will encourage and sometimes tell how they are doing their job.

But there īs something else about saying thanks: if you prepare a ws it īs clear for me that it īs about the topics you īre teaching, and if someone downloads the ws, it is because this person is teaching the same. So letting the owner know who you are is also a good way to find your peers, who are teaching the same or have the same approach when teaching.

Searching through the wss from people who said thanks after downloading my wss I have found priceless treasures, and I īm sure I wouldn īt have a better result just seeking by subject or by date.

If you download someone īs work that īs because you have a lot in common, so let this person know who you are. Next time you download a ws, think about it and you īll see that it īs nice and useful for both parts.

So, try to spend some seconds and leave a comment, it won īt hurt, trust me.

Have a nice Monday.

Zailda Coirano

29 Jun 2009      

alien boy
Japan

Are you sure it won īt hurt....

I mean, it could force me to be polite Ouch

You are right though - a comment is a good thing, especially if it īs constructive!

29 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Dear Zalida,

You are saying  the absolute truth. Comments make us really happy and kind of rewarded. I do really read the teachers � comments on my worksheets several times. I can īt describe the joy and comfort I feel. In addition to the good feeling you get, the comments help evaluate your work and see who liked it and who will use it in their classrooms. It builds stronger relationship between the teachers here.

So, as Zalida pointed, next time you download any material , write sth. a word of gratitide, " Thank you." Believe me it really means a lot and boosts more confidence and progress.

All the best,
Nebal

29 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I absolutely agree - I love comments, giving them and getting them (I have told myself I don īt deserve to download a ws if I don īt say thanks at least)... and alien boy is right - constructive criticism is best - some people have sent me constructive comments, some have even pm-ed me advice, and I have learned so much from those comments and pms...and sometimes when I want to send people the updated version, I can only do that for those who left comments, because I don īt know who the others are... I īve noticed that people leave more comments for wss than for ppts, which is strange to me....

29 Jun 2009