Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Modifying other author īs worksheets    

Modifying other author īs worksheets

Kasuga
Japan

Modifying other author īs worksheets

I modified/colored  jojo81 īs "Dress them up!" worksheet (http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=127619#thetop) formy students as well as adding new clothing.  I was wondering if I could upload it or if it is against the rules to resubmit others work?

30 Jun 2009      

meuge
Argentina

I believe you cannot do that...
May be you should ask the original owner of the worksheet...

See you around!

30 Jun 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

i think itīs not ethical. Letīs wait for other members opinion.

regards

naby

30 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I agree with the comments above. Unless you have permission by the author, I think it īs not ethical. You risk the chance of being reported.

30 Jun 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I wouldn īt do it without the author īs permission.  It īs unethical.

30 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Well, it īs good that we improve the worksheets now and then. But, in your case, you īre asking to modify other members � worksheets. Now, some won īt accept it !! So, I advise you to ask their permission first before taking any action.

All the best,

Nebal

30 Jun 2009     

Kasuga
Japan

That īs the general concensus.

30 Jun 2009     

ajaaron
Thailand

Actually it īs not unethical if you credited the original author and explained what amendments you made. I just think it is against the rules here :)That said I would not upload an amendment. You could end up with thrity versions of the same sheet.

30 Jun 2009     

jamiejules
France

I sometimes download a ws and modify it for the specific needs of my students. However I wouldn īt upload it: I really think that you should only upload your original work.

30 Jun 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

To modify something is much more easier than to create. It takes hours of work to make a good ws: the idea, layout, cliparts, tasks... I won īt dare to upload a modified ws with some changes only.

Best wishes
Silvana

30 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

We are sort of a family here, so we usually are willing to help. If you ask him nicely, he will probably give his permission.

On the other hand uploading modified wss / boardgame without giving credits to the original is unethical... It is considered stealing...
We are often inspired by friends here, of course, but we also can / should give credits to the author...
It is the least we can do...

Dear new members,
if you are inspired by other member, PLEASE insert the link to the original worksheet and the author will feel flattered and happy...

If you cannot find the author, look in the detailed information of the file or printscreen and copy the picture on the forum, other members will surely know the author...

Thank you for understanding.

30 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >