Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pronunciation exercises...    

Pronunciation exercises...

drd3602
Korea, South

Pronunciation exercises...

Hello all,

I �ve been teaching a Pronunciation Clinic at my hagwon for over a week now and am presently stumped for other lesson plans!

I �ve covered tongue twisters, haikus, syllable stressers, Memory (in which i match rhyming words that have completely different spellings).

Anyone out there willing to offer any advice??

Thanks in advance!

-Dave

30 Jun 2009      

LaSensei
Japan

I work in Japan and I believe Korean speakers (as your flag shows)have some of the same problems as Japanese speakers.  So I recently made two pronunciation worksheets including pictures of my mouth (which was a little awkward but fun to do Tongue).  Click on my name and you can download the two ws i made.

When I work with students on pronunciation, i exaggerate my mouth movements (like sticking out your tongue for th or L). It helps them to visualize how their mouth should be, and with time it becomes more natural.  Set up lists of drill words so they can practice the similar sounding words together to hopefully feel the difference in their mouth and then hear the difference in the sound as well.

Good Luck!

30 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

What age group(s) are you teaching, how often do you take the same students, how long are the courses and what is the aim  of the coursework?

Is the focus on phonemic awareness (the relationship between sounds in a language) or phonics (the relationship between sound and written language)?

This information may help some members give you a few more specific ideas.

Cheers,
AB

30 Jun 2009