Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > films in english    

films in english

oretix
Spain

films in english

Hello I �m  desperate, I need your help!!!

Does anyone know where can I find films in english. I hav a group of students of 12 to 15 and I�ve  been trying to download films in English but is has been impossible.

Can anyone help me ?????

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

1 Jul 2009      

libertybelle
United States

You can buy and download films at Itunes or buy them on Amazon.

Downloading without buying is theft.
Do you have a budget for your English department at your school?  You ought to add films to your budget.

I buy films at my local Video shop - many of the older films for children are pretty cheap.

L

1 Jul 2009     

Sylwia G
Poland

I �m sending you you a link to a list of "Wallace and Gromit" films. to download the films you have to register, first. if you need help, send me a pm. You can dowload films together with ss � books and T �s book

http://englishtips.org/index.php?newsid=1150813473

ps. libertybelle, what if the school does not have any money to spend on teaching aids, my school does not even buy posters

1 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Sylwia

It is still theft.  Sorry, but I don �t believe in boot-legging and pirate copying.
How would you feel if you made something and everyone just stole it?

If the films you are talking about are free - then no problem.
But I just don �t condone theft and I don �t think we should teach our
students that it is ok to steal.

If your school is so stingy that it won �t even buy posters, I would start a campaign together with teachers all over your country to put pressure on your minister of education.
Awareness is the first step towards changes. It �s when you don �t do anything that things stay the same.

Politicians think they can save money on kids and education- what kind of future is that?

L

1 Jul 2009     

akhssass
Morocco

this is my first participation in this forum. Libertybelle, What you say is true and shows that you are an honest person. Actually, I don t believe in copyright when it comes to teaching or learning. it �s not acceptable to impose that in a country where the majority of peopel can �t afford buying food.

1 Jul 2009     

MartaZ
Poland

Hi,
I usually borrow films on DVD from the British Council library in my city. Perhaps there is their office/library in your city/town. Membership fee is really low here, at least here in Warsaw.

Take care Everyone!
Marta

1 Jul 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

akhssass I hope nobody steals your work one day. There are ways that are legal and respectful of people �s work.  I totally agree with Liberty �s comments.

1 Jul 2009     

Jorgelinaac
Argentina

Hi Oretix, it is sometimes so hard to bring films into the classroom. Realities are different in one country and another. If you have no other option, my advice is that you can rent a film and maybe ask the school to pay for it, just for one day, it is not that expensive. I hope it helps.

1 Jul 2009     

yalanguz
Turkey

I think it is right to steal to teach and educate students, so that they do not steal to earn their lives in the future!!! Anyone who creates these products ,if they are real artists, would never say no of it to be used in the classrooms.

1 Jul 2009