Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I MAY HAVE THE LESSON YOU´RE LOOKING FOR!    

I MAY HAVE THE LESSON YOU´RE LOOKING FOR!

ranclaude
Australia

I MAY HAVE THE LESSON YOU´RE LOOKING FOR!

Hello Everybody,

I �ve had a fantastic response to the first few lesson plans I �ve uploaded here and have come across some wonderful people who �ve been extremely helpful. Thank you to all of you.

I have had many teachers message me asking me if I have a "particular lesson" so they could upload. I have many lesson plans from beginners level to advanced, Adult education, high school (years 7 to 12) and foundation studies (preparation for university - English for Academic purposes and for Specific purposes). If you�d like a certain type of lesson, let me know and I�ll see if I could help you. As I work during the day, I may not be able to respond to you immediately. However, I will endevour to response as soon as possible.

Happy uploading guys and thank you for your interest in my lesson plans.

Kindest,
ranclaude

18 Jul 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hi Ranclaude!!

Thank you for your messages. I think your materials are very good, along side many of our other members.
I �d just like to mention that we are:
 197918 registered users and we have 182700 printables. 

If every 197918 member  here advertised their own materials, we �d be swamped here at the message board.

Therefore we all agreed that we won �t advertise here. Many of us check all the new contributions on a daily basis. As one member said, if you make good materials they will be downloaded.

Happy weekend
L

18 Jul 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

but leiberty, she �s not advertsing!!! She �s just answering to the pm �s she received!!!

At least, that �s what I understood...

18 Jul 2009     

arkel
Ireland

I agree with wakebeauty, I would never consider this advertising, rather answering a question. Congrats Ranclaude on your magnificent wss:)

18 Jul 2009     

Pastanaga
Spain

Hey Ranclaude,
I like your work very much and If I hadn �t read your message I woudln �t have known about your interesting work.
And I must say that I don �t like the way in which Libertybelle has tried to point out that you �re advertising. I �m sorry, I had to say.

Bye

18 Jul 2009     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi
Perhaps Libertybelle expressed it too directly. But she has a point. I �m with her in that �s a way of advertising. Ranclaude is creating expectations over her future uploads, over  the potential usefulness of the many contributions she has in store for us. This is a very subtle and clever way of drawing the attention.
Sorry Ranclaude, don �t take offense. I do believe your contributions up to the present are very valuable. So start uploading your treasures and make us happy.
Stella

18 Jul 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

I find your work very interesting. I think you can upload any worksheet you have, as your wss are very complete and I am sure they will be useful ...

If I were you, I would include DETAILED info about the level - basic, elem, pre-int, int, up-int, lower-adv, adv... + the rough number of keywords if possible + the age group the wss is aimed to - small kids, pre-teens, teens, adults, students preparing for entering university exams...
All these facts are important for the downloaders, whether they need the wss or not...

Solar System - What�s in Space? Elementary/Intermediate-8 Pages
This name is just perfect - it says the level and the number of pages...
so all people who are looking for topic "solar system" can find what they need...
Every time you upload, choose a good name and category ... ;-))

Don �t worry, if you upload regularly, you will gain over 1000 points in a few days... and believe me these points are really precious thing as you can download real treasures... :-)
Beware, this site is addictive :-)

18 Jul 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

I don �t think Libertybelle was too direct at all in her post re advertising ( by whatever means) one �s own work. In �fact she is endeavouring to try to keep order here on a constant basis. �I really think she has to be admired for doing that. I agree that Ranclaude �s work is very good material, as is the material by many other contributors to this site. As Libertybelle pointed out...many of us take the trouble to look at the new uploads every day and if we find them useful for our needs , we have a free choice to download them. Ok...we may not always have the opportunity (for whatever reason) of doing that, but then we have the option of searching the site.�

I do see that self-advertising is constantly being attempted here (and yes... very often in a very ingenious and subtle way) despite the fact that the majority frown on this practice. I also realize that it is an unwritten rule not to advertise one �s own material... but ... because of space-restriction on the net, it seems to be a very sensible rule, in that it helps to prevent the "flooding" of the site.� It is obvious that some differ in opinion regarding this rule. Maybe the rule should be made official ...one way or the other? �That of course would have to decided upon by Victor who has set up this wonderful site and whatever he would decide would have to be the final say on the matter. I feel sure that he would listen to all opinions. Maybe this could become the subject of a friendly and healthy debate among colleagues as the matter seems to be cropping up regularly and never seems to get resolved. �I would love to read the opinions from both sides on this. But again I feel it is important to do it in a friendly way and always with the view of making this site an even a more wonderful place for us to share and to be happy in.�Smile

Sorry for being so long-winded but I just felt the need to share my thoughts.

Hug�Caroline.

18 Jul 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Yes Ladybird I can see what u mean. I really do not want to GET at anyone but it would be nice to see this whole matter resolved once and for all re self-advertising. I �m sure that you too have seen it many times despite of being constantly reminded not to do so. Maybe the ones who continue to do it should also think before acting.�Hug

19 Jul 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm ... i think that we, the members, should take part of the guilt too, because we indirectly encouraged ranclaude to post about her work. She is a newbie and no one told her about the �ills of self-advertising � on this site. Wink I myself am guilty of the crime, i admit, and was righteously chastised by Caroline quite a few times. I did it in the heat of passion and excitedness over sharing sth that i knew was very useful and unique (in my mind) that i turned a deaf ear to the unwritten rule. But now i know i was wrong and shouldn �t have done it. Not even in my PMs to people. But both C. and L. are right about the troubles that undercover or open self-advertising could bring to the site.
Oh and ... i love you all! Hug

19 Jul 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Hi Guys,

Just woke up, here in Australia and my addiction contiunues, as Moravc said "Its an addiction, you �ll wake up in the morning and log onto ESLprintables" hehehe...

I �ve had a chance to read everyones comments about my 1st post. As some of you mentioned, i am a newbie and still do not know the rules. Oh, by the way, there are �no � written rules! Anyhow, all i was trying to do was reply to ALL the people who sent me messages. My intention �was not � to advertise my material.

I think it �s a bit harsh when some people (Libertybelle and Caroline) come down hard on you �in public � and make you look like you �ve done something �wrong � when infact there are no written rules and it �s only spoken and I �ve not been around long enough to know! This place is meant to be about sharing and making life easier for teachers, not turning then off from the site. It would have simply been big of �some people � to simply send a �private message � and point out that i �ve perhaps gone against an �unwritten rule �. You need to give us an opportunity. I feel i havent been given the opportunity to fix the situation and been publicly sentenced without a hearing!

Anhow, I hope you know where I am coming from. I am �new � and i didnt mean to offend or go against any �spoken rule � there may be.  I know I have a lot to offer and hope that my time here will be awesome!

Thank you to all the people who �ve supported me and understood where I �m coming from and didnt judge me at the 1st go.

Kindest,
ranclaude

19 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >