Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hi    

Hi

Ivi....
Argentina

Hi

Hi all: i found an interesting page in which many books related to lots of differents things can be downloaded(vocabulary, dictionaries,collocations, phonetics, readers) and all the things u can imagine.
Have a nice weekend and Argentinian teachers don�t go out, swine flu is still around Cry

18 Jul 2009      

averitope
Argentina

Thank you!!!!! This is a treasure!!! Smile

18 Jul 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Incredible ! thxxxx! Thumbs Up a lot 4 sharing !!!!

18 Jul 2009     

Pastanaga
Spain

Wow Iviher this is fanstastic! Thanks a milion!Clap

18 Jul 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Excellent!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

18 Jul 2009     

mjpa
Spain

Wow, there are so many interesting books there. It�s fantastic. And so are you too for telling us. Thanks a lot.

18 Jul 2009     

Hatha
Portugal

Excellent site!! Thank U a lot!!!
Amazing!!
Hugs!

18 Jul 2009     

moni_k
Romania

Wow! This site is incredible!!! Smile Thanks a lot!

18 Jul 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Yes, the page is incredible. All the copyrighted books are scanned and uploaded for further distribution. While we fight against breaching the rules of this site and remove all the copied and scanned and borrowed material, we don �t apply the same rule to other sites. Yes, the books are a real treasure, but ... i simply couldn �t click on �download � and �save �.

A member here once gave super links to where other copyrighted books could be scanned and Victor and others felt that it wasn �t a good thing to do here, however the books may be useful to us.

18 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Ivona

And what about those people who were lately complaining about the site "englishtips.org" being closed as if it were a world disaster.
Do they at least know it is the same as the one advertised here.
Do they know that 99.99 % of the material (book, audio, video and software) uploaded there is illegal because subject to copyright.
Do they know that each book they download from their is an illegal copy.
Yes I am sure they know.
But, they were claiming their membership in that site as if it were a great honor.

They may pretend tons of reasons why they are using that site. The material is not available intheir countries. They can �t afford it because too much expensive. It is only for personal use. It is not like the WS here.
2 simple questions to make it clear. Is there an unethical action there? Yes there is (both uploading and downloading there are illegal) . Do we shut our eyes towards that unethical action (do we in spite of the copyright infringement download or upload)? Yes, any one who is registered there does (Why do we register in a site if it has no interest for us). NB: Some people recognized it publically here.
Some of them also said that the presses should attack the uploader and not the host. Don �t they see that this is exactly as when you hide a criminal willingly in your house then you tell the justice that they should not bother you but only the criminal. (More logical than this you die)

However, the real issue, for me,  is not whether we should or we should not use those sites.
The real problem is those who don �t hesitate to take illegal material from such sites come here in this site to give people lessons about what is ethical, moral and for or against the rules. Some of them shouting loud and high that "THE RULES ARE THE RULES". Of course the rules are the rules but if they are so they MUST be it verywhere everytime. Not yes here because it suites me and NO (we can shut our eyes) there because it suites me. For these people I reply, "What illegal is illegal here or elsewhere"

So don �t you think that when it comes to ethical and moral issues some people should at least keep silent which would be the least in politeness in this case.

Just to remember those people advertising such sites: http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=8795

PS: Uploading a copy of any material there even if it is yours that you bought legally and hosting this same copy are both illegal. When you buy a material (book, audio, video or software) it is your property for your own usage but you are not allowed to re-distribute it without authorization from the owner or the publisher.
Can someone tell who (in englishtips.org) is rich enough to buy the coyright license of hundreds of thousands of titles to re-distribute them freely without a cent and stay in the legalty.
Englshtips.org does not own the material it hosts and its copyright. The material there is uploaded illegally by members of the site. It works like ESLprintables at that difference here we just upload our own matial (at least 99.99% of the time).

Regards everybody.

18 Jul 2009     

Ivi....
Argentina

Photocoping material is illegal too and ppl do it all the time. You may be the owner of the book but if you make copies from it you are doing something illegal. If recomending sites like that is not possible here or is not well seen well i apologise i didnt know. i ve just found out about it by reading an old post made by Victor.
Sorry to all of you. It wont happen again. 

19 Jul 2009     

1    2    3    Next >