Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The virus from the weekend and yesterday    

The virus from the weekend and yesterday

cheezels
New Zealand

The virus from the weekend and yesterday

Original thread:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10468
I was still getting it showing on my computer last night and today but my antivirus kept on catching it and deleting it... but it still kept coming back... so I did what was suggested by another member on the original thread.
You need to sign up at the site (quick and painless)
Then go to this page. Download the free program and run the scan. The scan picked up 9 Trojans for me and have removed them. My laptop is now not showing any attempts to infiltrate! So I think that this has worked!!!!

http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-guides-f12/rogue-anti-spyware-removal-guide-template-t8083.htm

EDIT LINK NOW WORKING Big smile

21 Jul 2009      

meteorit91
Moldova

Hi,cheezels and other members!
I have a question.If I have an Antivirus and I am not sure it works well, can I use that link you gave at the same time with Nod32?
Ermm

21 Jul 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Yes I have NOD 32 and it is fine... nod32 was catching it but not deleting it entirely I think, which is why it kept trying to enter... But I have now fixed the link in my first post and I have had no further trojan attempts today so it looks like it has worked for me.

21 Jul 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Thanks Cheezels for the tips. I �ll try it and hope it works.
Hugs,
Nebal

21 Jul 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Thanks so much! You are minds �reader and my life(computer) saviour! I have had this problem since this morning all day long: a warning that a virus is "eating" my data and now I hope I will be able to solve it!
THANK YOU!

21 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hi all!
Firstly- I too got the virus yesterday and did not download any materials.
I got it from being on this messageboard site.
(watch out who you point your finger at Suzylima! Don �t accuse anyone til you are certain)
My Norton Anti-virus program caught and quarantined it immediately.
So - It had to have latched itself onto the board or main site in some way.
The virus I caught was called Bloodhound.

Hope you are all ok and your computers up and running again.
I have often thought how sad it is that with the internet, the whole world
is connected and then some "people" out there want to ruin a good thing by
creating programs that destroy.
I wish they would use their "talents" to something more helpful and practical.

L

21 Jul 2009     

lamisadel
Turkey

I �ve got the same virus too for two days .I didn �t download anything either . hope things will be better now .

21 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hi everyone!..

I �d like to ask how do you scan your pc, or the webpages? in this case this page?! I �ve experienced teh same when I �m on ESLpage... My computer starts being really slow.. even my keyboard feels heavy!!! and slow! Don �t know if any of you know or understand me! I �m not a pc wizzard! I have NOD32 Antivirus but it never shows me anything... or alerts me about anything! And I �ve had it fixed 3 weeks ago! (formated...according to the thecnician...:S)....

Thank you

21 Jul 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Judith,

With Nod32 all you have to do if you want to check certain folders or files is just right click on the folder or file before opening and you will get an option that says "scan with etc etc" and you chose that and it scans your files.
Also you should do a manual scan of all your drives which is an option when you click on NOD32 itself. Maybe it is spyware that is slowing your computer as well.. I also use a different program usually to catch this but the link that I gave in my first post works way better than what I was using before.
Good luck!

21 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Thank you Cheezels!!! Hug

21 Jul 2009     

Marcia Silva
Brazil

So, now I discovered why my computer is so slow...

It�s been very hard to work this way, I�m going to try NOD 32.

23 Jul 2009