Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Students ´ returning to school postponed due to the flu    

Students ´ returning to school postponed due to the flu

Julee
Brazil

Here in Paraná all classes were postponed to August 10th - even at UFPR - I see no reason for panic, ´cause last year there were much more cases of people that died from our regular flu in July than from the swine flu in this same month.

31 Jul 2009     

lynn_28
Costa Rica

well here are some differences they are giving in my country:

A h1 n1 (swine flu)                          Seasonal flu
Temperature                  39 or more                                    less than 39
headache                     Very intense                                     less intense
Shivering                       Frequent                                           rarely
feeling of being tired     Very intense                                    moderated
Sore throat                     minor                                               intense
coughing                        continous                                        not so frequent                              
running nose                 not so common                                very common and intense
muscle aching                intense                                            moderated
itching eyes                   intense                                            moderated

Here so far the virus has killed 20 people (reported) However, it is believed that the amount is higher. They associate these death to other risk factors people may have like obessity, diabetes, heart desease, pregnancy , asthma etc..
They recommend washing the hands frequently.

Hope this helps you.

31 Jul 2009     

Tint
South Africa

We found out that our school may close until August 10th, but only if the mainstream schools in the area close. We ´ll see what happens.

I just found this article on Terra News. Interesting. This is why I don ´t trust the vaccinations.
http://noticias.terra.com.br/gripesuina/interna/0,,OI3900978-EI13839,00-Tamiflu+causou+efeitos+colaterais+em+criancas+diz+estudo.html

31 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3