Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Question!    

Question!

Ratu
Argentina

Question!

Hi there fellow teachers!! Smile

I was just wondering if it would be too much trouble to download the ws with its name and not with eslprintables394875936965984698496 (or sth similar), so that we don �t have to rename all the files we download. Sorry I don �t want to sound lazy or anything, but really it takes time! Confused

Hugs and kisses from Arg! Hug
x x x x
Ale

2 Aug 2009      

jennybohmes
Argentina

YOU ARE RIGHT!
ONCE I DOWNLOADED SEVERAL WS IN THE WRONG PLACE AND THEN WHEN I TRIED TO COPY THEM TO THE KINGSTON I FOUND A LOT OF 87867655849449 ESL AND I DIDN�T KNOW WHICH ONE WAS WHICK ONE.

2 Aug 2009     

Mariethe House
France

what a super idea! Thanks for writing it on the forum! 

2 Aug 2009     

_babz
Canada

sounds like a great idea, but I think it �s just easier for the website to be under a number once it has been uploaded...

my suggestion is to re-name it once you �ve downloaded it to your computer OR usb

take care!

2 Aug 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Well... I guess renaming 187046 worksheets would be too much work for our hero, Victor!
It does take time, but I guess there �s no way out of it...
And even for the new worksheets, what name should they be given?
We �ve discussed stocking criteria a couple of times in this forum, and everyone had their own system... Therefore, I believe
eslprintables394875936965984698496 is the best way to have the files called online and then WE have to take some seconds to rename them according to our criteria...
Good luck!
Cyn

2 Aug 2009     

Ratu
Argentina

Hehe I wasn �t suggesting Victor doing it! poor thing! haha
I have no idea ut maybe there �s another way! dunno really! =o P

Thanks!!

Ale

2 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Ratu

This strange Nbr. has a utility in the site storing system. It contains the ordinal Nbr. of the WS among the others uploaded the same day. There is also a part of it referring to the date of upload and another to the owner. The use of numbers makes it faster for any computing system than the real names when storing and searching. More important it avoids name conflicts. Just try on your computer to store two different docs with the same name in the same place. It won´t work. What if many people upload many WS having the same name; "Pronouns" for example? Only the first one (chronologically) will be stored. The others coming a fraction second after will receive an error message.

What I do concerning the name is simple. When I download a WS I always open it to have a real view of it. The preview does not show the WS as it is really. Then, if it still suites me, instead of closing the doc, I go to "save as" and give it a name according to its content and add the name of the owner at the end. I do this as soon as I download the WS.

Hope this can help.
Only Victor knows the secret of the use of these numbers and its real utility.

2 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

That �s exactly what I do too Goodnesses!  That way I always know the author, and re-name it and file it under the category it belongs under!!

L

2 Aug 2009     

jennybohmes
Argentina

well now i use to do that too.

2 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

oh yes, goodnesses is right, it is good to make your own name of the wss
- for example you can add -Beg, -Elem, -PI, -I, -UI, -A or gr01 - gr10 to see the LEVEL of the worksheet
I have problems with spelling the nicknames, so I don �t write them :-(

For uploaders:
Before you upload a ws it it good to include your nickname in the description of the ws...
your name will show up among the "author" of the ws, so other teachers can write you a feedback on your wss many days / months after they downloaded it...
Go to File - Details - Fill in author / owner of the document and save :-)

2 Aug 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

For every worksheet I download I write the author �s name as Moravc says.. Going to File - Details - Fill in author of the document and I save it.
I also click at the bottom where it says something like see preview (sorry I don �t have windows in English), and in that way I can see the previews when I open the folder.

2 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >