Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Please, * WRITE MEANINGFUL DESCRIPTIONS * for your worksheets    

Please, * WRITE MEANINGFUL DESCRIPTIONS * for your worksheets

elderberrywine
Germany

@maker1
I don �t think it �s degrading to point out shameful mistakes in the course of a thread like this one.
I think it �s degrading if a member doesn �t put a minimum of effort into the things he presents a large community with. I find it quite offensive, in fact.

8 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hi!
I agree with you Edlerverein when you mention about how important is to add a meaningful description to our worksheets.
Look at these two cases:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=265496#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=265500#thetop

Wacko is this allowed?

However, I do not agree with those who strongly suggest that teachers who make typos mistakes are bad teachers. I have seen mistakes in worksheets that belong to wonderful teachers here and that doesn �t mean they are bad.

Have a good day!

8 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi Judith,
As Baiba removed the example we were commenting on I think you might have taken some of our comments out of context. I certainly do not think a typo here or there in a worksheet makes a bad teacher. It can and does happen which is why I check and double check for spelling all the time.
What we are talking about is the titles and descriptions of worksheets that are lacking in professionalism, specifically ones that are so badly written and misspelled there is no way that that they could have really written a 5 page advanced language worksheet in perfect english...
Unfortunately for the contributor (but fortunate for the site) many of the copied/stolen worksheets from other sites are quickly identified due to the person writing "iusbkbfiubkhjfd" as a description or saying "it good".....

And Baiba �s example was a perfect illustration of that... with the further discovery of the printable having been taken from the net. (I think it is gone now from the site)

Referring to the two links that you have posted they look to be scanned pages from a book but which book? I have no idea. If you feel that something is against the rules of the site you can report it! For me those two pages are definitely scanned and copied. Now I know that some users make and then scan their work or have work saved on old disks and the like.. but Victor did say that for instances like this it really needs common sense. For me they should be reported. But again I do not have a link or page reference to back it up :-(

So as to Edlerverein �s original post about writing a good description, I agree 100%!

8 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hi Cheezels!!

I do agree with you of course!.. I �m sorry If I sound like I �ve taken things out of context.

As for the two links, to start with the descritpion is weird and I am certain that those pages are scanned, unfortunatelly, I do not have or know the name of the book. What I think is that there are some members with several accounts playing games with us. Like it happened some days ago with this person,  Cauffeypot ( http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=10775) who might actually be the same as this:ayse emekli. These two are from a user whose user name start with G.. (he sent me a weird pm some days ago which discovered himslef ) I guess he has too much free time!

Anyway, have a good day!

8 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

ahhhhhh I didn �t realise there had been members doing "naughty" things recently.... hmmmm Well those two pages for me are 100% scanned but scanning isn �t the issue it´s whether it is a copy and I would bet that they 99.9% are simply because of what they are and there are no further contributions by  that member. ....Geek

:-)
Off to fire up the BBQ! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hehe Cheezels - Since when do I have to tell a Kiwi that down-under it �s called a barbie!
I thought it was only us dumb Americans who called it a BBQ! LOL

8 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

hahahahahahahahaha If I said I was going to light the barbie I might have gotten a whole lot of panicky messages wondering who I was going to set on fire! Big smile

Little girls everywhere locking up their dolls! I can �t get used to calling it grilla for here in Sweden. Ie: a bbq is called a grillfest (bbq party) but barbies are  regular thing for me... nothing festive in it at all! I guess the swedish NEED an excuse to light one up... me? Everyday is a potential barbie day!

8 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

it definitely IS German!
Who stole the word from us??

8 Aug 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I definitely will not even look at a worksheet that is described by l;ajl;k;lakjkl;j.  It is insulting.

Barbie or BBQ that is the question.  I use BBQ here in Israel, because everyone knows what that is.  Though for me Braai (South Africa) works just as well.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

8 Aug 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi! I always do my best to write meaningful descriptions in my ws and in the contents (keywords). Unfortunately, the keywords I �ve added on my online exercises don �t seem to "catch"! They don �t appear on the "contents" despite my numerous attempts to add them! And of course, when I try to do a specific search, my exercises don�t appear either.  I wrote for example "Valentine �s Day" as a keyword on one of my exercises and when I search "Valentine �s Day", 2 or 3 Online Exercises show up but not mine... Does anyone know what to do?
Thanks.
Have a good evening and a great Sunday,
Heart Aimee

8 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >