Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Please, * WRITE MEANINGFUL DESCRIPTIONS * for your worksheets    

Please, * WRITE MEANINGFUL DESCRIPTIONS * for your worksheets

Portugal

"it definitely IS German!
Who stole the word from us??
"
I guess the folks speaking late latin did: festum, but I haven �t studied Latin for almost 40 years...
Embarrassed

8 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Really?!? I haven�t read neither Schiller nor G�ethe auf Deutsche, for so many years... Oh, they are hopeless!!! Can you imagine? They had some words, like patiens, patientis; pestis, familia, tragoedia, idea, problema, originalis... They even had those awful declinationis, directly copied from German Deklination...
Not to speek of the Greeks: φιλανθρωπία-, directly copied from German Philanthropie; or  φιλοσοφία, direct copy from German Philosophie.

Besides, in Luther�s time, XVIth century, the Bible was  translated from what to what, remember? Embarrassed

9 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3