Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > WHAT DO YOU DO FOLKS?    

WHAT DO YOU DO FOLKS?

totya ( F )
Palestine

I graduated from university in 1991 but started to work as an English teacher in 2000.

woooow , 9 years waiting my turn, too long isn �t it???

But through these years I have learned many things , the most interesting one is how to design and make a shoe.

I taught in many schools and almost all the grades.

28 Aug 2009     

donapeter
Romania

my turn I guess Wink. I �ve been teaching for 5 years. I also have a brand new PR Diploma and a Computer science one! But i Think i won �t give up teaching. I also taught Latin. Approve
Hugs
D

28 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

hmmm interesting....

I am in a sort of jobless limbo hell at the moment.

I was a teacher for 12 years before I threw everything to the wind to move to Sweden for my partner 2 and a bit years ago. For the past two years it has been a constant struggle to get any type of work here. I have taught a business english group, have done conversational English classes (am booked to do more of these late sept but it completely depends on whether people sign up at my institute..) have taught online courses CAE and FCE through the same employer and have just had that taken away to give more hours to another teacher on a full time contract..
so will be teaching the BEC vantage and higher courses instead (although at the moment only THREE people in the whole of Sweden has signed up for that so it might not even start..)

Was
teaching english at another adult institution BUT this week found out when I emailed my boss there that the Admin girl had told her that I had found a job so would not be available... (What I told Admin was that I had applied for a job with more hours through the day at a school so could I please hold off on giving her days and times for my classes to run until the end of August where I would know if I was successful or not - had the interview Monday and am still waiting to hear. But now am wondering if I expressed myself well enough as the interview was all in Swedish.
However, English is the Admin girls first language so this was one major (*&�*^&�%*^%�$ up.)

Because of what she told my boss, my boss hired someone else last week and has already advertised the courses with the new teachers name. When my boss found out what had happened she was really upset and sad that such a colossal muck up had happened.

WAS teaching at a community centre where they tried to rip me off for everything I had... am still waiting for outstanding pay. They keep asking me to lower my rate which would basically just cover my bus fare... SO I dont think any more work is going to come through them.
So  in the space of a week I have lost most of my teaching jobs through circumstances way out of my control. (Have stopped sobbing though(just) and now am just mildly seething (at the admin girl) and feeling a bit low.

Right at this moment I am insanely jealous of you all, especially those who are starting the new year with your groups and classes.
Right now I am wondering what on earth the future holds and really hoping I get this job (It �s only 10 hours a week but at least we can then feed ourselves....)

I need to find my mojo, my spark, my lust for life.... because being without work is slowly eating me from the inside out.

Roch (will pick herself up soon) Confused

28 Aug 2009     

stevenji
China

To cheezels, Everything will be OK, and tomorrow will be another day.

I am an English teacher from China and I have been teaching English to senior high school students for more than 10 years since i graduated from university in 1998. It �s really amazing to know so many English teachers from all over the world.

28 Aug 2009     

mariamit
Greece

God, after reading all these posts do I feel old! I have taught ESL since 1981. I got my degree in N.Y and I taught there for four years before dumping everything for my hubbe and moving to Greece. Now I teach at a public middle school but I �ve taught ESL to all ages and I mean from 3 to 75 years old. I wouldn �t change jobs for anything.  I love what I do. I think teaching is probably the most rewarding job in the world.
Cheezels, you �re simply put out a bit. You �ll have have your mojo, your spark and your lust for life back soon. Just think positive, a glass half- full kind of attitude. In the end evrything happens for the best.
Maria

28 Aug 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello everybody, now - my turn :) I have been teaching General English, Business English and also teaching for exams (FCE, PET, KET) for over a  year at an English language center in Russia. My students are teenagers and adults. Before taking up teaching, I worked as an interpreter in an international car company but at that time got my second degree in teaching and changed my job, which definitely was the right thing to do. Big smile

28 Aug 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

cheezels

Everything will be better for you soon,
I am sure. How do I know?  I do not. It is a strong desire or just intuition.

Try to relax and keep positive

28 Aug 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

hey, i guess i am the most original here. i am a bookseller at the moment :) yey! i taught english for a year after i graduated from the uni �(english language and literature) and now i decided to come to england and i got a job at a bookstore (which is great, i love reading and i have staff discount ;). i �m planning to find a job as a teacher, but to be honest, i �m having fun with my crew (only sometimes i miss hearing the bell).
hugs for all from cold, windy and rainy england
martyna

28 Aug 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

I �m from the Czech Republic and I �ve been teaching since 2004. My students are between 10 and 16 but privately I teach all ages. Last year I started teaching children with special needs, especially dyslexia.
I keep improving my English as I �m not a proper teacher (didn �t find a better expression) as I �ve got a Degree at Social Work and Social Policy.
I �m a single mum of (almost) 9-year-old girl whose father lives in England (where I used to live).

28 Aug 2009     

ignis.fatuus
Poland

hey, i guess i am the most original here. i am a bookseller at the moment :) yey! i taught english for a year after i graduated from the uni �(english language and literature) and now i decided to come to england and i got a job at a bookstore (which is great, i love reading and i have staff discount ;). i �m planning to find a job as a teacher, but to be honest, i �m having fun with my crew (only sometimes i miss hearing the bell).
hugs for all from cold, windy and rainy england
martyna

28 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >