Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What does this mean?    

What does this mean?

Mahalo
United States

What does this mean?

SusanBrown

Netherlands

JUST THIS AGAIN???          posted by SusanBrown
Contribution:

SusanBrown

Netherlands

JUST THIS???????          posted by SusanBrown
Contribution:

What kind of questions are these? If you do not like what you see, please do not download it...There is page one, and the second one is the other page...

27 Oct 2009      

JulietaVL
Mexico

I agree with you, that kind of comments are "weird"

Did you send him / her a pm asking what he / she means with that??

27 Oct 2009     

Mahalo
United States

No, did not even bother...... just thought it a bit rude.

27 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

You either ignore the comments or learn from them.  It �s your choice. 
Just don �t let them upset you.

Have a great day.

Hugs from sunny Israel.  30 degrees today.

27 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Mahalo,
I think the user just wanted to know why did you upload 2 pages separately if they could (should) be uploaded in one.
By the way - I �m also curious - why? There are not big images so they shouldn �t be too heavy.Wink

Regards, Michaela

27 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Mahalo & all,

I agree  with Julieta, in a certain way; however, there is something more than weared in this message, dear Mahalo & Julieta.

1)If  a member thinks that another member�s  contribution is poor;  
2) If a member means well & figures he/she should give some suggestions to help the other improve;

Then, this member will suggest politely & gently : I suggest ... (I did it myself a couple of times, no need - for me -to model at the forum, though;  besides we all know how to write a proper suggestion.

So, I don �t think there is a lesson to learn from in the message, except for what shouldn �t be done, when we address another member of a community.

The example you give is a simple example cyberbullying, having in mind the number of question marks added

Look: it�s quite different:

Just this?   / Just this??????? (seven ?)

Even though  Just this?   wouldn� help much of what sould be added, would it? 

And cyberbullying is not to be explained or excused in a CoP based on the Internet. I guess there are more adequate  ways of nurturing a community, aren�t there?

Some members here are quite a good example of how to nurture the community and I believe we all could learn from them.

I also think it shouldn�t be ignored either, since:

1) I guess nobody would like to have such a comment added to his/her work;
2) If we don�t approve of something being done, it seems a pretty good reason not to do it to others, I guess.

Having written this, I just would like to ask:

Dear Susan Brown, do you think you could improve nurturing - and empowering - this unique community,  leaving fairer and more enlightening comments on other members� contributions?

(the message has been edited: a suggestion to Dear Susan has been added to my initial post)

Have you all a good day.ij

27 Oct 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I fully agree with Nika �s wise comments.
Have a good day.

27 Oct 2009     

serene
Greece

Well said, Idalina! Thumbs Up

27 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

I agree with you, Nika. No matter how long you have been teaching or how old you are, we ALL need nuturing sometimes. Hurtful words are never a good idea and can "break your bones" more than sticks and stones can. The wounds from verbal abuse lasts much longer than most people realize. Therefore, if you can �t say something in a nice way, just don �t say anything.

Thank you so much, Nika, for your post and thank you, Mahalo, for your contributions!

Carla

27 Oct 2009     

Mahalo
United States

Thank you all. I just brushed it off, again, if you do not think a worksheet is adequite to your liking , please do not download it. It is best to keep rude comments to oneself. Maybe there would be fewer problems on this site then...
Always remember the Golden Rule-do onto others as one should do onto you...My class of adults loved the worksheet....They are really the ones that the sheet was for, you all who downloaded it were added bonuses...Susan Brown should understand that.
Have a great day.

27 Oct 2009     

Mahalo
United States

zambia-
I could not get the pages to download in one...

27 Oct 2009     

1    2    Next >