Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sad...    

Sad...

Portugal

Dear Akanah,
Don �t you have to revise your wks, every now & then, in the blog U advertise here, anytime U post?
Well, I understand, that revising both at your blog and here means more work, but is it so much time consuming?
Best regards to all.

ClapLOLClap, Zailda! We will see Z&Z here, tonight and ever.
Get to work, lady!
Take care!
Best regards to all.

27 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

That is one of the reasons I have stopped reporting. Because in my opinion there are
�TOO many Victors � in this site who are all the time contradicting themselves.

Sometimes, they report a worksheet saying it has no activities and then two worksheet below they say.. It �s a poem, it �s a nice reading It SHOULD STAY.. and it has no activities...Confused

Also, I �ve been called names for reporting and not long ago and �oldish � member told me STOP REPORTING worksheets and this nasty person said this:
Quote: "If sthg does not suit you, just do not download, but please refrain from reporting!
EVERYONE here collaborates - some did, long before you - & never complain"

I think really some members think that new ones have to �respect � them because they came in first and own the forum, the reporting section.. and all and can be nasty and nothing and no-one says anything to them.

However, one thing that calls my attention is this:
There are many silent members, who watch and read all the post and only come to attack you either by pm or by nasty comments in posts...And it �s true...I have been shown and I have seen the amazing works that were publish when this site first started... and now.. it �s not quite the same. The daily free contributions don �t have half the good stuff it used to have.

I think that if this a communitity people who have made it so reach and unique should colaborate and not act in apathy, silently.
And older members who lack politness should respect NEw sersious members. And not believe that we have to pay some kind of price for being new.
It �s a different story when new members try to start cheating but some really try to help and the time you have to waste... searching for the right link to report something is huge!!.. To maltreat people who Try their best to keep the site clean and respect the originality the site fosters and..actually the purpose of it..

27 Oct 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

I joined this site in the summer and the rules were clear. I think moderators have to judge only the new wss because the old ones have old rules and I don �t think it �s necessary to revise them. In my point of view we must report only the new contributions. Bye

27 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

THANK YOU Silvia! No wiser words spoken!!!

"I joined this site in the summer and the rules were clear. I think moderators have to judge only the new wss because the old ones have old rules and I don �t think it �s necessary to revise them. In my point of view we must report only the new contributions."

It �s just what Olga, Julieta and I were trying to get across! Smile

27 Oct 2009     

eng789
Israel

Okay,  so how do you set up a "CUT OFF DATE"  after which - you are allowed to report wss? There is always going to be someone who says that it �s unfair because they uploaded the day after.

27 Oct 2009     

Zora
Canada

I think that what Silvia meant - is that we should be moderating the "new" stuff that is coming in and not scouring through the old stuff all the time. If we accidentally come across something then yes, it needs to be reported. But we shouldn �t be fine tooth combing every little thing looking, on purpose, for something that "we" consider not to be ESL material but is, or once was considered okay by the old rules... That is what is unfair.

27 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

@Nikadixon- no, I don �t have to revise my blog every now and then coz it �s mine and nobody tells me what to do. We �re talking about this very site so don �t start a new argument, your post is out of place.

Now that all of us explained our POVs, there �s nothing elese to do but wait till Victor �s decision, don �t you think?

Olga

http://myenglishprintables.blogspot.com/

27 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

I didn �t want to  -  but let me make something clear : If someone �s saying I want to leave because there are people who don �t agree with me, he/ she is wrong.
I want to leave because I don �t need to be called names and get nasty messages.
Only last week I found out I am supposed to check the date of the contribution. I didn �t know why as for me always the content was important. Yesterday I found out there are two sets of rules. Fine, I said my opinion and try to explain it. Most of the nasty people were those who have never reported a single ws. No-one forces them but why are these people the loudest when someone says something they don �t want to here?
If you don �t want to aply the rules to all contributions - fine. Victor is the owner and I obey his rules. I felt pillorized because I reported single flashcards and I didn �t check their date of uploading. No, I didn �t as I wasn �t aware there are two sets of rules. Is that a reason for some people to be nasty? Maybe it is. But I don �t want to be in contact with such people.
If your student does something wrong will you call him names and vilify him? Well, maybe you will but I won �t. And I don �t wish anyone behaved this way to me.

And my last word to the rules: 3 years ago the system of making lesons plans changed in my country. We got 1 year to adapt our plans and start teaching by new rules - no exceptions. Why this would be such problem for some "respectable" members here?

Thanks for the nice PMs I have received - they made me cry because I found there are some nice people in this community. I usually don �t run away from the fight and I feel bad about doing it now but  now I am so sad and jaundiced....

27 Oct 2009     

Portugal

Dear Akanah (& all),

I guess you are right, when you say  your blog is yours & nobody tells you what to do. I totally agree with you there, since I have a blog of my own. I tend to listen to the suggestions people care enough to send every now & then, since it �s open to comments.

Besides, I �m not starting any new argument whatsoever.

SO, to clarify, I �m restating the subject by coming back to my first argument, so that none of us gets out of place and have your opinion on it, if I may ask & you feel like it:

No2: The contributions being discussed put a lot of weight on the site &/or model new members � contributions in an undesirable way. Undesirable, let me clarify, because: 1) some of them could put a lot of weight on the server, which is a current problem & 2) they can model new members � contributions not being compatible with the rules recently set.

What is more important here? No1 or No2?

I guess no2 would prevail, for the community �s sake, development & empowerment.

And I guess it �s for everybody here to decide if & when one wants to go on with the debate.

My best regards to you & all the others.

27 Oct 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Your point of view, which I respect. You posting about my blog, out of place and nothing to do with this. Finally, I didn �t say "this debate is over", I asked your opinion about putting it to its end. For me, it is.

Regards,
 Olga

27 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >