Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Does this really work?    

Does this really work?

devdude
Malaysia

Does this really work?

Dear Victor and Others,

Today I joined your site hoping to get some extra material to supplement lessons that will teach in a few hours. I find that to download anything, I must first make a contribution of my own. This contribution, you say, must be my own original work, not gleaned from another site or publisher.

Now, if my name were Harmer, or Scribner, or Nelson or Swan you all could benefit from work, but it�s not. I teach 20 + contact hours per week in a mixed nationality, mixed ability, mixed L1 environment. There are parents to counsel, lessons that will be observed, and visits from external auditors and the government. I adapt materials and activities to fit the syllabi, but I don�t create them.

The question that I hope to pose is this: how am I to make any original contribution?

Sincerely,

David

15 Jan 2010      

_babz
Canada

@how am I to make any original contribution?

the same way we all do my dear David.

This isn �t some charity...nor do you get far by being some sort of moocher.....

..we share our work, and we �ve created a very strong online community...

if you have such a great need for material, than I suggest you roll up your sleeves and get to work...

best of luck!

15 Jan 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear David,
If you are as busy as a bee and don �t have time to create an original contribution, you can join one of these sites: http://www.islcollective.com or http://busyteacher.org/. The registration there is free and you don �t have to gain points to be able to download the wss. Besides, some members of eslprintables have their own blogs where you can download their great and useful wss for free. E.g.  http://www.frenchfrogslittleenglishpond.blogspot.com/ by frenchfrog,  http://lizsantiagoeslworsheets.blogspot.com/ by lizsantiago,
But I �m sure you can contribute to eslprintables. You may start with making bingo games. It �s not forbidden to upload such material here. You can take a text and add some exercises to it and make a perfect reading activity.  You can try to upload the adaptations you have. If there are tasks and exercises created by you, I think they may be useful for us. Just try. It �s both pleasure and work creating wss. I �m sure you�ll get used to it soon and it won �t be as hard as you think now.

Besides, when you gain more than 30 points here you�ll be able to dowload 30 NEW wss for FREE every day!

Good luck!

15 Jan 2010     

Gia Mel
Chile

We all have the same pressures...

Have a nice day!Hug

15 Jan 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Some teachers on this site teach 40-45 �hours � a week and still manage to make useful worksheets. I think you should take Sonn �s advice and look for websites where you can download without contributing since you don �t seem to have any free time to make something worthwhile.

15 Jan 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

Dear David

I would like to encourage you to do some worksheets and share here. This is a wonderful community. I �m sure you �ll not regret.
Do u know any teacher who has free time? We all work a lot, but we still find time to make our own stuff and share it with other fellows. I suggest you do it, too. You must have lots of good ideas and also material you yourself developed to use in your classes. So, share them with us. But be careful. Eslprintables is addictive.Wink

Cheer up!
Sulany

15 Jan 2010     

douglas
United States

Dear David,

If you look at some of the worksheets in the preview screen, you can get some ideas on how to get started.  My first worksheets weren �t  the best, but they continuously got better.  You will find in time that this site wil be a GREAT benefit to both you and your students--it is well worth the effort to get started here.

Most of us use MS word to design our worksheets, once you get a few points you can download a couple of wonderful guides for improving your worksheets as well.

As for what kind of worksheet to make, most of us are in the same boat as you.  If you have found a use for the particular sheet in your teaching, there will more than likely be some teachers here that can use it too.

Another possibilty is to make some online exercises--they can be a good way get your initial 30 points pretty fast.

Cheers,
Douglas

15 Jan 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
first i �d like to say I know what you mean by "having no time", i felt like that last year and i never thought i could create a nice ws to share with the esl printables community. So I cancelled my account and I came back 3 months ago, and I already have more than 700 points...
I �m sure you already adapt the text/exercises you find on your textbooks, you can start by doing Sonn said, it �s a good advice. and as douglas said, use microsoft word at fisrt, and you �ll worry about having a nice layout later!
we �re all teachers here, if you need help or advice we are here to work together and not to put the blame on you before you �re afraid you won �t make ws useful for us...
Just try and see what happens, you might be surprised!!!
take care
Elodie

15 Jan 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Hi David ,

I am sure that you have given your sts some Hw assignments, tests or even quiz that you created by yoursrlf. Why don �t you start uploading themWink

15 Jan 2010     

loetji
Indonesia

okay....you are sooooo BUSY ,

are you asking for a privilege because you aren �t as lucky as those who have time to create WS ?

15 Jan 2010     

Amaras
France

I think it is not a good way to attack David. He asked nicely how he can do to be part of the community and it is not on us to judge wether he has enough time or not; since we don �t know his personaly situation. Some teachers teach 40 hours per week and are not stressed at all, some teach 10 and are stressed like hell. It is a personality question and also personal problems question. I remember a time when I had problems and got stressed already with only 5 lessons per week.
I can just underline what Sonn said - to get some alternatives there are many other sites, but also have to say that it is really worth to try to find the time and organize oneself a bit to be a able to create some easy worksheets and become a part of this wonderful community who is always very helpful with whatever problem you adress here.
Hold your head up high and don �t get overwhelmed by workload. try to organize your work and time well and maybe you will find some time here and there to make 1 or 2 good contributions to get at least your first 30 points. It is not so hard :)

Greetings from france

15 Jan 2010     

1    2    Next >