Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Mar īs Account    

Mar īs Account

stexstme
France

That īs why I think we should write comments on the ws - as we used to do..- At least, the uploader was aware that his ws was being reported...I don īt know! Maybe , when we work together, we īll end up with brilliant ideas!Wink

16 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Thanks  Victor!

16 Feb 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi Victor,

I have already apologized in that other thread (I had to write it just before you sent this one), but believe me: even I had different opinion, I am very thankful for your work and admire you. You must be a great personality and hard working to handle site like this. So not agreeing at some issues doesn īt mean I don īt respect you.

But I would like to make a suggestion about the system. Once is any ws reported as a copy, wouldn īt it be possible to block reporting the user īs other wss? Let īs say 48 hours so he/she has enough time to remove or adapt it.

Michaela

16 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I like this suggestion which was made by a member!

How about "freezing" the account?
The member with 3 copied worksheets would not be able to download until Victor checks and decides whether to delete her/his account?
Is it possible to "freeze" the account for a few days??

About deleting worksheets which are not meeting the rules: I know, it is hard for the newbies, but they should read the rules...
The rules can be read every time they upload a new ws, so what else can Victor do?

16 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Guys, i īm very happy and sad at the same time. I didn īt want anyone hurt.
Victor, once again, thank you for doing great job, i have no idea how you manage it all.
I have nothing in my head now about the new rules or stuff, i just feel relieved that everything is going back to normal. I hope it will. We are still full of energy and ideas. We īll keep on moving forward.
On this note i īm off to bed.
Hugs to everyone.

16 Feb 2010     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I also agree with the owner of the site to be more tolerant to oter mistakes. We all make them, right? Plus, the person has made so many contributions, so why to ban the her from being here. If the worksheet is a copy, why not just to give some warnings or just delete it with subtraction of worsheet points. That would be fair, i think. But to delete all the points and account with it,  i think it īs pretty tough, eh?

16 Feb 2010     

avidrox
Spain

I support what MappleLeaf has just suggested. Everybody deserves a second chance and from what I have read Mar has greatly contributed to this site with her work.

In my book, the bottom line is whether Mar has made the same mistake deliberately after having been warned from ESL Printables. Otherwise, as far as I can see this delicate situation to err is human, to forgive divine (again taking MappleLeaf īs suggestion into consideration).

Just my humble opinion.

16 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

@Mapleleaf & Avidrox,
T-H-A-N-K   Y-O-U!Big smile Gee! Mates! You īre great!!!Thumbs Up
Thx
Sylvie

16 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Things are far from going back to normal....

I īm with avidrox and mapleleaf: in favor of forgiveness. Fairness and forgiveness. And against banning and punishing a generous contributor like Mar.

Iīm not giving up... Mar will be back.  

16 Feb 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

I īm with you avidrox, mapleleaf and Aimee.
Fairness and forgivennes.

16 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >