Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Mar īs Account    

Mar īs Account

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I can īt believe this is going to start all over again.Shocked

16 Feb 2010     

blizzard1
Denmark

Thank you Victor.

This is your house and I īm your guest.

Whatever you decide I īll support you.

16 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Victor i am glad you mention the thing about 3 and out difference between someone who uploads 3 ws the same day and someone who uploads different days, yesterday i was talking about that. i have to admit that when i began in the site i didnt read the rules with attention, i just wanted to rush the tidious register step as soon as possible (i hate register procedures not just here) so i uploaded 3 ws that were from a friend. next day i entered and found they were deleted since they were a copy from a site, then i took the time to read and started to upload my own work. I thank God that the new rule were not implemented that day cuse i would have missed so much from this site. So in my honest opinion, even though the rules are in english and some of them are clear , you should really consider  give the new members a chance when they upload the same day, since they can have a chance to fix that mistake and learn, someone that after receiving the message keeps on doing it, it īs doing it on purpose and deserve to be banned. please think about it.

16 Feb 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have just returned from a vacation and was saddened to see what was happening.  I find it a previlege to be member of this site and congratulate Victor for his patience.  I found I was loosing my patience just reading what had been written and how far things had gone.  I just hope that with time people will forgive and forget.

16 Feb 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Victor,

1000 points is not enough to be a moderator. Perhaps, you should choose a higher number because those members will have more experience. Moderating is not an easy job, and it needs experienced people, not ones who try to do it because they believe they should help when it turns out that all they do is get more and more confused. ( I am speaking only of myself in the last sentence.)

Carla

16 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

avidrox, mapleleaf, anaisabel, aimee:
I agree that Mar is a generous person. I don īt doubt that. But the fact is that other three printables have been found as copies. I īve checked that myself. There is no reason to insist in keeping her account.

Lizsantiago:
Maybe new users should be allowed only one upload / day. In this way they would have the opportunity to learn how the site works, and their account would not be banned the first day. 

16 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

Victor thks, that is also a great idea, but with your permission i would suggest that the message the new member receive should be more explicit and not only "your contribution has been deleted because is a copy"(i dont really remember what is said) but also it should include the warning to review the rules again and that it will be deleted or something like that.

16 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes, the messages could be improved with better explanations of the rules.

Now I will go. See you tomorrow.

16 Feb 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

This is a great idea to let the new members download one wss at a time, let īs say for 3 days. So if one gets deleted, s/he will know it and think twice what to upload next. And if in 3 days the 3 new uploads were original means the member got the rules and can upload more...
And also may be it īs a good idea to automatically pm the member about his ws being reported?
And i as well like the idea about freezing the account and not letting the member to make downloads until you decide if the member deserves to be banned or given the second chance. Sometimes people just don īt get a chance to explain. I myself was Pmed from one of the members as she couldn īt understand why her account was deleted. Then she reregistered and i guess she Pmed you, Victor, and now she īs contributing her original work as she said she didn īt want to break any rules, may be she just thought that as long as the design is hers - the work is original.
And there are so many other members who learned their mistakes the hard way and had to use another computer to register again and start contributing.
As for moderating... well, may be Carla is right and to moderate a member has to be more experienced. May be it īs not even about the points, but also about how long the member has been on the site. Let īs say, i got 1000 points in one week (which i didn ītSmile), but i still don īt know how the system works and i might just vote without checking properly. But if i īve been a member for a year let īs say (which i īm also notSmile), then i already can take the responsibility.
Just my ideas. Thanks for reading.
Hugs

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4