Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > hi dear Teachers    

hi dear Teachers

bluefadilmen
Turkey

hi dear Teachers

I really wonder if using of pictures that was published here before is the meaning of stealing someone else �s contribution!!! 2 of my contribution have been cancelled.  of course everybody is getting pictures from internet!!!  I also got the pictures from internet. if I cannot find the pictures from internet, how can I reach that pictures????

I really didnt understand what is the reason of cancelling conributions!!!
pls someone tell me about this... I wrote this to moderator but he didnt answer my questions. pls help me dear users!!!

27 Feb 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi there,

I do not know about your contributions, but, yes, if you use pictures that you downloaded together with someone �s worksheet, I and probably also lawyers would consider it stealing. The people who made the worksheet may have paid in order to be able to use these pictures and they have shared the sheet with you so you can use it in your classroom and nowhere else. Please reread this website �s terms and conditions to be on the safe side.

Regards
Regina 

27 Feb 2010     

bluefadilmen
Turkey

Thanks for your interest blunderbuster:)  I got the pictures from internet. and I collected the pictures from different places. pls check my worksheet now it is on my page and cancelled. what is important? the pictures or informations and questions are important! my be some pictures are same but informations and questions are completely my own development.

27 Feb 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi,

I also don �t know about your contributions, but I guess there was at least something against the rules, because just taking random clipart from a ws (which could be found for free online) is not enough for your ws to be removed.

Regina is right when she says that many members pay to get use of clipart, but there wouldn �t be any proof that you or someone else did not pay to use them (even if you didn �t).

If you used clipart with watermarks, or take them from websites that do not allow the use of them (MES-english is an example) your ws will be removed.

Again, I didn �t see your contributions, maybe one of the moderators can tell you more, but I guess that just taking clipart from a ws (unless if for creating the same ESL resource) is not reason enough to delete a ws. Maybe there was something else against the rules.

Hope you understand the reasons and the rules of the website.
They were instituted to improve this already great site and treat equally all the members.

Best regards,

Bruna.

27 Feb 2010     

bluefadilmen
Turkey

yep I got it:):) thanks:):) dear teacher:) 

27 Feb 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

Don �t forget these two rules:
  • Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

Have a nice day

27 Feb 2010     

bluefadilmen
Turkey

thanks vardaki I understand it:):)  so where does everybody get the pictures??? 

27 Feb 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Check here

27 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

There are many free clip art sites on the net. Google - free clip art and see what comes up.
You could probably use magazines and newspapers too.
You can buy some clip art on CD.
Take some pictures yourself. (trees, hills, houses, rooms etc)
Have your students draw some pictures.
Use paint shop pro tubes.  They are usually free.  (you need a paint program for this)
I also use some images from books - but usually out of print books that are really old
and not on the market anymore.
Coloring pages on the net are usually free too. I write this because I �ve been using coloring book pages and have bought hundreds of them and the artists are never listed.

Hope this helps
L

27 Feb 2010     

bluefadilmen
Turkey

one of teacher sent me the clipart page but they are not axactly what I want? I dont want only face or only book picture... I want a picture of telling something like a girl swimming, a boy having bath, two boy playing footbal or doing shopping.... does it make sense?? pls help me finding this kind of things.

27 Feb 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

http://www.vracimages.com/cliparts/sommaire.html
http://all-free-download.com/
http://vector-cartoons.com/
http://www.school-clip-art.com/
http://www.clipproject.info/Cliparts.html

27 Feb 2010     

1    2    Next >