Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I don ´t understand...    

I don ´t understand...

Roclam
Italy

I don ´t understand...

Hi everybody,
I ´ve been in this community for a while now and I perfectly know the rules. One of my old contributions has been reported, and unfortunately I don ´t know why, since I ´m not a moderator anymore. The worksheet has been in my computer since 2002, and I ´m absolutely sure I didn ´t copy it or take it from other sources. I checked  the internet to see if any of its contents might have been uploaded somewhere else (by someone who might have stolen it after I had uploaded it here). It doesn ´t seem so. Being a  MC test of course some easy sentences might be found somewhere else  - When do you usually have breakfast? - for example. But it would be ridiculous to copyright such everyday sentences, don ´t you think?   

I hope the matter can be solved soon, because I trust the members of this community and I feel there must have been a mistake somewhere.

Thank you,
Rossana

2 Mar 2010      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Roclam

If it is not a recent contribution I think it can only be reported if it is a copy from a website or book and as such the reporter should provide sufficient evidence for the moderators to make a decision.  A whim is not sufficient and without evidence theoretically it should stay.

If it is deleted and you believe it meets the requirements of the site you can appeal to Victor to have it, and your points, reinstated.  This has been done before by members in the same situation because mistakes can happen and afterall we are all only human.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Dear Rossana, I was the one who reported one of your worksheets. I am preparing a placement test for my students according to the CEFR, and found your ws surfing ESLprintables. I reported your ws because I found an exact copy on the net, this is the link:

http://www.las1001traducciones.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/multiplechoiceinterm.doc

Either one is a copy. If it was copied from you and your ws is original, I wasn ´t able to find out which one is the oldest (and therefore the original). In fact, if yours has been taken by that website, you should contact them and ask to remove it.

Unfortunately, seeking for tests last night, I found hundreds of old wss that were copies and reported most of them (the ones I could find a direct link), it was nothing personal, obviously. But I ´m sure that if you can prove the original one is your ws, Victor will restore your points and I hope you ´ll accept my apologies because of my mistake. As Jayho mentioned, misunderstandings are part of the job when reporting wss.

Once more, if it was a misunderstanding, I apologize.

Sincerely yours,

Bruna.

2 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Brunadutra - that link opened up directly on my computer. Please put a url and not a download on the board. You never know if there is a virus attached! It is for the safety of everyone here.
Thanks
L

2 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi brunadutra!!

Just in case you didn ´t find this site last night: http://www.cambridge.org/elt/face2face/resources/placement.asp
These tests are suitable for levels A1 to B2.

Enjoy! topolina

2 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hi, libertybelle. I ´m sorry, the link was a download (.doc) file, not an URL, that was what I found when I googled it, I mean, there wasn ´t any other link available.

Actually, when you click a .doc file, you should see a window, not a direct download, only if you have on your settings for direct downloading of .doc files. But either way, I ´m sorry for the inconvenience, it wasn ´t on purpose.

Thanks for the warning!

; )

Bruna

2 Mar 2010     

Roclam
Italy

I ´m amazed!!! It is MY worksheet, as I said I created it in 2002.
Clearly someone stole it from eslprintables! I don ´t know if I can prove if mine is the oldest, but I have in my computer the original file with the creation date.
I hope the moderators can solve this. I will immedately write to the website that took my worksheet. Thank you Brunadutra for your kind reply!

ps. the link you posted shows a date 06/2009. I uploaded my worksheet before that date.

2 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

No problem - Brunadutra!

2 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Thank YOU for being so understanding Rossana, I really didn ´t mean to make you feel bad or anything, I just report what I find on the net, and since I ´m not a moderator anymore, I don ´t get to discuss and level with the other moderators.

Now that you mentioned, it ´s true, there is a date showing in the link. I hope you get to contact them and claim your copyright and creation back. It ´s really awful that people take things without asking, even if for educational purposes.
Anyways, I hope it all works out for you.

hugs,

Bruna

2 Mar 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Rosanna

I checked the properties on the link that Brunadutra gave and it has your name!!!  So, it is quite clear that they have taken your document and who knows how many others.  Not only that but they have an entire copy of Murphy´s Vocab in Use.  I bet Murphy and Cambridge University Press won´t be too happy about that.

It looks like a Spanish site (http://www.las1001traducciones.com/)  and it seems to me that they are unaware of copyright.

In my opinion it is quite clear that the document on their website is yours and I´m sure the moderators will be aware of this.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi Roclam,

Your case sounds very unfortunate. I hope you will be able to claim what is lawfully yours.

I would also like to say that I am glad that there are people out there who take their time to report content they believe to be stolen.

There were some grammar worksheets among last week ´s contributions that I would like to report myself. I am absolutely convinced that they are not original WS but I simply don ´t know which book or website they are copies of. There is another one by the same author in today ´s contributions and even though I could use another WS on the matter, I refuse to download it. Maybe I am all wrong and I am doing the member injustice, but how can it happen that a member that practically begged others to download her WS (practically all of them had less than 10 downloads) in order to become premium has more than 2000 points a week later?

Please keep your eyes open.

Regina

2 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >