Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Regarding Birthdays    

Regarding Birthdays

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Thanks, Victor!!!
It �s the perfect solution.
And happy birthday to Linda!!!
May be there could be a special option in the forum (when we choose where to put the new thread) that will be called birthdays and other congrats (because we also congratulate each other on many other occasions.
So that this part of the forum would be automatically deleted in a few days...

5 Apr 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks, Victor. That �s a great solution.

Have a nice day!

5 Apr 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you Victor, you found the perfect way to keep everyone happy !
Linda, thank you, too , for all the help we always get from you - and kind words ...
Hugs to all Hug

5 Apr 2010     

akram@73
Tunisia

No matter what they say , I hope you�ll remember we are  always here for you!Happy birthday!!!!!!!!

5 Apr 2010     

stexstme
France

me old mate!
Err...Crazy ? Me ??!!

5 Apr 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hey Zora,

I don �t think anyone doubt the value of wishing a person happy birthday (or any happy anything). It never bothered me personally but it �s also a fact that we sometimes go oberboard with pictures that, as Victor, said took a lot of place.

I �ve stopped adding pictures to my birthday wishes because of that here.

Sorry you had to cope with bad weather during your birthday weekend. You should have come to Quebec where we had very unusual warm weather.

Manon xxx

5 Apr 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

What would this site be without sharing?  Thank you Linda, I feel much the same as you do.  This site is not only to share worksheets, but friendship as well.  I have made quite a few friends on this site and enjoy sharing their experiences in life, as well as that little touch of caring that we have shown to one another.

I can understand the necessity of  not overloading the board, but most people posted birthday messages in the forum and not the cafe because they knew they would be deleted after 30 messages.  Thanks for finding a solution.

Once again Linda, Happy Birthday and next time there is rain head this way.

5 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, Linda,
sorry I spoilt you birthday wishes. No matter what you and your fiends think - I have nothing against birthday wishes at all, but I got really frustrated by that huge images which were taking the bigger part of the forum (not all, some of them), and then some members had to send their calls for help again.
Of course it is nice when people wish you HB, but I beleive the forum is mainly for the ones who need help and because of those guge images they don �t get any or have to send their thread again. Unhappy
I took the time and those images took almost 1Mkb of the space, that �s why I started that thread.
I know you will not agree with me, but I owe you at least an explanation.
BTW: Victor �s solution is great and I believe it will save the space for threads calling for help and also you all can enjoy your BH wishes.
Michaela

5 Apr 2010     

_babz
Canada

MJ_Misa.....I agree with you..so don �t feel to bad

Maybe people should limit the images...and not the wishes

take care everyone!

5 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

@Dear babz,

thanks for your kind words, but I don �t feel bad. I just wanted Linda to read my explanation when she called me heartless (she didn �t write my name but we all know who did she think, don �t weWink).
Have a nice day, Michaela

5 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >