Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Regarding Birthdays    

Regarding Birthdays

izulia
China

My belated birthday wishes to Linda!  It �s a happy ending to a long discussion after all. Thank you Victor for a great solution. We all have different opinions and it �s ok to express them here, so no worries, Michaela. :)

5 Apr 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I like Victors Idea...and I agree with Zora/linda completely. It is wonderful to see the congrats, it indeed makes the site feel so human.
Now it is indeed more a matter of being �known/popular � on the site and it would be nice if there was a birthday blessing for each one.
(I turned 40 a few days ago but the girl in me still loves birthday greetings and I suppose I �m not the only one.. ;)

5 Apr 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Great message Linda!
Great idea Victor!

In addition to what you wrote, this site is one of the few places where
we can talk about our jobs - and we pretty much understand each other
and each other �s situation. We can talk "shop" because we �re all teachers
striving for the same thing - good teaching - educated and interested students -
good working conditions and better pay - and the most important thing:

More respect for teachers all over the world.

Here we can complain, criticize, share, help, advise, sympathize and understand, because we �re all doing the same thing.
To be a teacher is to be human in every aspect -therefore this site has to also have a human side to it.

Let �s keep the images down-sized - and our hearts warm and caring.
L

5 Apr 2010     

pauguzman
Argentina

Linda: your words touch me!!! I �ve been away from this site for quite a long time �cause the spirit of sharing has been lost,( I was sad about it) but you make it come back!!
 Victor �s idea is wonderful and we will share our special days as we used to! May be the Cafe is the right place for this, but the messages disappear after a while.
Thanks for finding a solution!

5 Apr 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

My Lindabella friend... what else can I add? you know I totally agree with you
I know we were breaking rules, but I also know that we were losing that part that used to make the forum more lively and caring
All of the people who have received birthday wishes have expressed how well they felt

Anyway, your message was so great, thanks for your words and thanks Victor for understanding and finding a solution

5 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3