Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Can you find enough time to use the worksheet from eslprintables?    

Can you find enough time to use the worksheet from eslprintables?

epit
Turkey

Can you find enough time to use the worksheet from eslprintables?

Hi friends ,many of us are making worksheets from different reasons .Some teachers have nice course book , but they look for the excellent. So they create wrks .Some of them have no course book .For that reason ,they already have to make wrk for their lessons .Or some  of us don �t like  the course books and they find their books insufficient from in many ways  they have to produce wrks .In Turkey our books are overloaded and they are not  pratical .So I have to use worksheet.What is your  main reason for making wrk and Can you find enough time to use the worksheet from eslprintables? Have   a good day!

14 Apr 2010      

afrodite
Italy

Hello dear collegue! I have recently "discovered" ESLprintables and I have to say that I found it really useful. I use ESL worksheets almost every day, or at least three times a week, both as class exercises and homework. What I really appreciate is the fact that I can "personalize" my homework according to the students � difficulties. Not all school texts provide exercises for students with problems, so, whenever I need a simple exercise or a nice page with drawings, I download it and give it to the students. They really like this kind of worksheets and believe me, they ask me  more exercises!! I also send them by e-mail so that they can revise grammar topics at home.  I really think it �s a  nice way to work!
Have a nice evening! Elena        

14 Apr 2010     

shusu-euphe
Taiwan

Dear Epit,

What a good topic to start with.  The workbook or coursebook has limited exercises, so I created my worksheet based on their needs or should I say it is more like a supplement. 

As for the worksheets from ESL I usually spent 5-10 minutes going through some questions and examples with them, and the rest I would assign as homework or sometimes as a pop quiz.

Have a nice day.

14 Apr 2010     

Bahrain
Bahrain

hi Edipt,

I always use Esl worksheet ,almost 4 times a week because they are creative and really nice my Ss like them because the are more intrusting than their course book, I always take what they need, i change the activities in their course book and I use mine or the others in Esl. Some times I give it to them as supplementary materials to what they have.

14 Apr 2010     

Sara5
Kuwait

Hi Edipt,
                Yes, the course books are loaded. But I personaly use the ws as
1. Homework assignments.
2. Warming up activities.
3. Sometimes I take nice paragraphs as tests or practises before exams after editing some questions of course.

14 Apr 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

I use ws because I can find here the grammar explained in different ways. When I feel that 
the sts cannot understand the rule easily I try to speak about it from different angles so I take the ws here to emphasie what I fell it �s necessary.

14 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

It very much depends on the class - there are a lot of reasons for using worksheets.

For one of my intermediate classes, I loathe the coursebook so I try to find as much alternative material as possible to replace it!

For my little ones, I don �t think the coursebook provides enough material so I need to supplement it quite heavily.

For my elementary classes it �s usually extra practice or homework.

I don �t use materials from here as much for my exam classes (FCE and CAE) but I might use the occasional worksheet on writing - something specific like �How to write a letter of complaint � which is mostly a timesaver for me - I don �t have to prepare extra material.

It �s definitely a good topic to start. Sometimes I just use materials here for inspiration! To give me more ideas in the classroom.

14 Apr 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

JAJA Since I discovered ESL PRINTABLES I haven�t got another hobby.Wink
Well, before knowing you, I used to make collages and literally copying, cutting and glueing the worksheets  and only the exam to keep the watermark of the school was made by typing. I know it must sound really primitive but It was my method and It worked, because I could make a complete book selecting exercises, depending on the grade, my opinion, students necessities... and now with the worksheets, I�m not only improving my English everyday but my students love them. They are more original, more visual and of course, they increase the motivation and I�d even say their atitude.
Well, I try to do my best every day, if I get it, It�s only thanks to you and your motivating advices and kindness.Thumbs Up
Vero

14 Apr 2010     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hello my very dear Epit,

Interesting topic!!!!
Actually, I find esl printables highly efficient and useful in my classrooms, especially when it comes to reading texts and grammar practices. They save my time, engage my students, and make learning much more fun. Our friends here offer a big variety of productions even if it �s on the same topic.
I consider myself lucky for finding this site and treasuring the work of creative hardworking teachers from all over the world.

As for my own worksheets, they are not all devised for my students. Some of them were created because many wonderful teachers really encouraged me to think and creat worksheets. You can � believe it, but I can �t wait to create new worksheets when I �m less stressed. I feel like I wanna give more. It �s all because of the positive healthy environment the teachers kindle in this awesome site.

Thanks for all the wonderful teachers who are sharing more and more with us. You �re doing us great help and suppot. You are all

Hugs and kisses,
Nebal

14 Apr 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

Hi dear Epit,Hug
Really interesting topic!!
I often use ESL wss as alternative material or as homework assigments.

ESL Printables has a wide variety of topics so I can save a lot of my time, but what I really like is the spirit of sharing, learning and improving. I used to do things the same primitive way Vernica has just mentioned. I try to do my best every day.

Thanks to all the wonderful teachers of this site for sharing their great work with us!!

A warm hug.Hug

Ana Isabel

14 Apr 2010     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Great topic!

This year I �m not using a book with my secondary students, so the site is a great place to pick up activities for them.  I enjoy not using a book as I can vary what I teach my students and it creates a new dynamic in the classroom.

T :)

16 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >