Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Debate!! (Beware: Hot Issue??)    

Debate!! (Beware: Hot Issue??)

frenchfrog
France

I think there are two solutions for new members:
1) be a little patient! Embarrassed (Remember, we were also new members before becoming premium members, and you become a premium member pretty quickly I think!!)
2) if it is really, really, really, really, really urgent, contact the member and ask him/her if he/she can send the printable.

22 Nov 2008     

pauguzman
Argentina

If you give a man a fish he will have a single meal.
If you teach him how to fish, he will eat all his life.-- Kuan-tzu (Chinese Philosopher)
I agree with U, Iam a new member , and I think we should be helped with the points and not be given the wss that were made with effort and love
have a nice day!! =) PAULA

22 Nov 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Yes Frenchfrog! I agree with you! i remember that it wasn�t easy for me to become a member of this site!! because last year there were other rules.But I kept on trying and I could!! And Ihad to be very patient till I became a premium member!! I understand that new members wanted to download every single ws that is in the site(�cause they are great!) but PLEASE NEW MEMBERS TAKE IT EASY!!!

22 Nov 2008     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Friends!
I agree with all of you too.
 This problem has two sites indeed.
I am always ready to help  new members.
If someone is in need I mean it�s nice to give them our hand  .
On the other hand, sometimes the new members, should be more creative in making a  really good workshheet .
Maybe nobody is downloading your work because it is not good enough.

-Don�t lose your patience, keep trying and sharing!
 -Keep improving your worksheets!
-Ask for advice!  In this friendly community everyone is willing to support your beginning!
We often can read in the forum about no comments issue......but why?

Why people do not leave comments?
 As for me, i always write a comment.
But sometimes the worksheets are so poor that I don�t know what to write.
Sometimes I do upload such a worksheet....but only to give the new member the start points.

Learn new ways for creating more  interesting material!
-And things will change!

Best wishes and happy Sunday to all of you,

22 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hello Everyone:

I think new members should be helped.  I agree with Frenchfrog that we should not send other people�s woksheeets but send our own.  On the otherhand, why don�t new members make an attempt at creating a worksheet and ask other members to download it in order to get their 30 points.  I would be more than happy to download someone�s worksheet in order to help them gain points.

Have a great week-end everyone.

22 Nov 2008     

frenchfrog
France

To Paula:
You referred to the proverb I was looking for but could not remember exactly!!! I knew it had something to do with fishing!!
Yes, I think it is important to show �how to do� things and not simply give the �things�. This way you become independent! This is so important!

I am really glad we are having this conversation!

22 Nov 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Yes Giovanni taht�s the point!  old premium members (not years old!!) didn�t ask for help to reach the 30 points!! they got their points making their own ws and improving them day after day.I �ve been a member of this site from March and during the last month is the first time I read people asking for help to become a premium member.
We can help them when they are just near 30 but not when they are too far!

22 Nov 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Partricia:

What you say is right.  I remember when I made my first worksheet  I didn�t really know how to go about it.   But, with the help of other  people on this site I learned.  The first worksheet I made was very plain looking.  I learned from others how to create a better worksheet and earn more points.  It took a little bit of patience and time, but in the end it was well worth it.

So I would say to the new members have patience and learn from the others.   If you really are stuck ask one of the members to send you one of their worksheets.

Have a great day.

22 Nov 2008     

arkel
Ireland

Hi, I agree with lots of points here. I�m relatively new and heard about this great site because a friend sent me an exercise from here. When I asked her how she always managed to always have exercise on EVERYTHING, she introduced me to all of you. I became a member straight away and was so overwhelmed by the standard that it changed my way of thinking about presentation. That said, I finally started contributing after summer and uploaded exercises I already had in my archive. I remember when I got my first points. I was soooo thrilled I rang my friend. I then waited patiently to become a premium member and it happened really fast and all with black and white exercises!!! I�m now learning, thanks to all of you, to put colour and my �kids� (I teach from 5-100) love the �new� me. They are my strictest critics and soon let me know if something I thought was genius doesn�t workCry. I go back to the drawing board and pass it by them again. Then I send them to all of you. Before you go rushing to see my exercises I have been days trying to upload without success, so what you�ll see is not the new me. What I�m trying to say with all of this is that everything is possible if you really want it. You decide what to do with your exercises and who you want to send them to or how you want to use them. I live in Spain and lots of time download just after 00h here so I�m not influenced by numbers of points already given. Anyway, that�s my tuppence halfpenny worth!! RosemarySmile

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Sylvie,

Like many other of your posts, I find that you are using this website (in some wierd way) to read my mind, it�s quite disturbing.

22 Nov 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >