Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > URUGUAY!!!!    

URUGUAY!!!!

libertybelle
United States

Let �s just take it easy and not impose so many rules and "do-nots" that this site becomes impersonal.
We �re all human here and have so many restrictions in our daily lives, that it �s nice to see happy people letting their hair down.
I �m afraid people will stop coming here and sharing if the atmosphere becomes cold, strict and impersonal.

But hey!  - that �s just my humble opinion.

L

3 Jul 2010     

anamb7
Argentina

I totally agree with you Libertybell. And, by the way, go Argentina go !Thumbs Up

3 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Hey, L (your name is Lisa, right? It �s my baby �s name too, Smile)

Thanks for adding your opinion too. I know this is not �my � thread or anything, but I insist that the ones who posted that we have the cafe for this or that were just pointing out one of the site �s feature, at least for me, I can say that I had a genuine light-hearted intention to point out that, but the discussion in the other thread had already touched enough nerves on people to go and be calling others intolerant.

Still waiting for my ride........  

just kidding... if I vanish for the day, be seeing you all around soon, for sure!!

3 Jul 2010     

casmo
Peru

GREAT URUGUAY!!! I �M SO HAPPY  LIKE YOU!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 

Handshake

3 Jul 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Maria
If prefering to see the World Cup posts in the caf� makes me intolerant, then I �ll take the hat.

3 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Manon, leave the hat at the door...
It doesn �t fit you.

Does anybody have a gum?

Wink

3 Jul 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

The World Cup unites the world in way like no other.  This wonderful medium is being used to help kick out poverty - check it out ... and perhaps think about how you can incoprorate this into your classroom.

World Cup TV spot calls for kicking out poverty
To kick off the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Didier Drogba and Zinedine Zidane, Goodwill Ambassadors for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), make an urgent appeal against poverty in a TV spot produced by UNDP. �The World Cup brings people around the globe together to support their national teams; we need the same kind of passion to end poverty and hunger,� says Zidane, former French national team captain. �There can be no spectators in the fight against poverty. We all need to be on the pitch to improve the lives of millions of poor people in this world,� Chelsea striker and Cote d�Ivoire national team captain Drogba ads. Watch the spot!

Cheers

Jayho

3 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

What a great video, Jayho.

�The World Cup brings people around the globe together to support their national teams; we need the same kind of passion to end poverty and hunger,�

Could NOT agree more. Thanks for sharing the link!! Definitely going to use it in my class... and now that my country is out, perfect timing.

Thanks again!

3 Jul 2010     

maria da rosa
Brazil

Thanks Jayho for the video too.It �s just here because you �ve read the post of PINK 4.Very good idea !!!!

3 Jul 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Glad you liked it Bruna.

It�s a great way of getting people, especially our students, inspired for world causes.  The site has free posters and is also using Twitter and Facebook to communicte with the technology-driven generation.  So, there is heaps of scope for us as teachers to now "cash in on" world cup mania to raise wareness of, and reduce, poverty and hunger.  The gol of 2015 is not that far away ...

Edit:  Actually, Maria, no it�s not.  It�s just that I don�t like bickering on the forum, or posts that break the rules, so I wondered how I could turn this thread into something related to the classroom so that it meets the forum rules and stops the bickering.

3 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >