Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just say thanks / colorful ws    

Just say thanks / colorful ws

eng789
Israel

Just say thanks / colorful ws

I know it�s an old topic,  but I really think that people should at least say "thanks" for the ws they download.  Someone worked hard preparing them.
Another old topic,  I prefer black and white simple work sheets because of the problem of copying them.  You will find that mine are like that but I have no problem downloading a colorful one if the content is good.  And if someone wants to fancy up one of my ws go for it. 

29 Nov 2008      

alien boy
Japan

I�m with you on all counts 789!

29 Nov 2008     

arkel
Ireland

I totally agree with you on the thanks part. I�ve just downloaded fabulous wss with lots of downloads and hardly any comments. It takes seconds! As to the colour, I�m in a privileged position in that I have maximum 6 per class so I can print in colour with no great cost. My �kids� (5-55) are delighted with my �new look�. Thumbs Up But, as I said in another topic here, first the content and then the colour. Even my most advanced and adult students tackle the exercise with more gusto if they see a bit of colour.

29 Nov 2008     

libertybelle
United States

I agree about the White/Black sheets.
Almost all mine are B/W - but that�s because
I want to involve my younger learners in the learning process.
By making black and white WS, they have the change to make the worksheets their own!

If the sheets are already colored, I miss out on them coming up to my desk
and showing me their work!

The "gusto" comes from their own accomplishment by coloring the image themselves.
But I�m also referring to my younger students.
L

29 Nov 2008     

eng789
Israel

Wow!!!  My smallest class is 18 kids / non-readers.  My largest this year is 38 but I have taught 41 which is the max. allowed.

29 Nov 2008     

arkel
Ireland

I agree with you Libertybelle and use colour only when I want to dress up �challenging� exercises a little. My babies love colouring and it�e amazing what they can do to a B/W exercise. I�d never take that creativity form them. They love decorating exercises and so I put the bare essentials and they draw and colour the answers.

29 Nov 2008     

arkel
Ireland

wow!! two spelling mistakesUnhappy Who�d know I was a native teacherLOL but it is Saturday afternoon and raining here in the South of Spain. Actually it�s a real Irish day, which makes me happyBig smile Anyway, for it�e read it�s and for form read from.

29 Nov 2008     

miss mary
Portugal

Hello!
I must say I�m a sucker for coloured worksheets :) but I totally agree with what has been said, content should really come first when we�re creating a worksheet.

Does anyone have any material about humanitarian causes? Thanks in advance.

29 Nov 2008     

Breuil
Spain

I completely agree with you about black and white sheets and leaving a "thanks" message after downloading any work.
Thanks in advance.

29 Nov 2008     

sedefg�l
Turkey

Hi eng789 . I agree with you totally. "To be able to thank" is a very significant virtue for people really. My worksheet has been downloaded 59 times and just a person has thanked for it. It is very shocking for me. I say and want "respect for work"

29 Nov 2008     

alex1968
Greece

If you print coloured ws in greyscale they come out fine!

That way you have both the clipart and a black �n white ws!

29 Nov 2008     

1    2    Next >