Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Your name at ESLP    

Your name at ESLP

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Since I �m not creative I use my real name everywhere on the internet. When I started registering for sites I decided to keep being exactly who I am, take the blame for anything wrong I might do or say. I use my complete name indeed.

I don �t feel the need of a nickname because my name is so weird that it �s almost a nick itself, I don �t know many "Zaildas" (although I managed to find some on Orkut...) but my last name is even better: Coirano.

I looked up and found out (on Widipedia) that Coirano was a Roman soldier who participated in Jesus � death. That �s not anything to feel proud of, but I feel comfortable because it wasn �t me...

BTW, thanks for the topic, Sexthanxme (sorry, I guess I don �t understand your explanation completely, it made me dizzy... LOL)

Have a nice day.

9 Sep 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

JulietaVL comes from my full name: Julieta V�zquez L�pez, not very original, but easy to remember...

Your explanation made me dizzy too Sylvie, lol

9 Sep 2010     

dobrawaa
Poland

I am not very creative either. My nickname is my daughter �s middle name + extra a. And my avatar is my favourite singer and musician -  Mark Hollis.

9 Sep 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Well, my name is Vicky, and my nick has always been vic. Now, my brother, the obnoxious creature that he is, took vic and made it vix (many Greeks here will remember it, it was the brand name of a strong smelling ointment that our mothers used to smother us with when we had a cold). So, to cut a long strory short, vix kind of stuck. I even tried to get my first email with it, problem is some other genius had vicx, so I doubled the consonants.
 So vic+vix=viccxx

by the way, I use the picture of Garfield for an avatar because I �m so exceptionally beautiful (and modest) I don �t want to give you all a complex (my brother, the brute, would prabbaly have muttered "or scare them all away") 

9 Sep 2010     

k-risma
Romania

Karisma is the nickname my boyfriend chose for me two years ago and my friends liked it, so I decided to keep it, as in a way it really represents me :)

Btw ELOJOLIE274, I am a Taurus too, and just like you, I �m proud of it. My birth date is on 28 :P

Nice topic...

Irina

9 Sep 2010     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, all.... what an interesting thread!!! ... I chose MAR, as in the first syllable of my first name, Maria, but also because "mar" in Spanish, means "sea"... and I simply love the sea... it represents strength, but also softness when it �s calm, it can be peaceful, but also very powerful. The 0919 is just my birthday, since Mar alone was already taken. I even recall when I joined the site, I did happen to see posts from another "Mar"...  Anyone know what happened to my other "me"? Wink

Mar

9 Sep 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I used a slightly different nickname on ESL first - the one that I use everywhere I register.

Suddenly I felt I didn �t want to be detected so easily in different forums and on different sites - when I entered this old nick in google I found my traces everywhere and suddenly got scared.
Not that I have anything to hide, but I didn �t want my colleagues to be able to follow my traces all over the web and all over my life.
So I decided to change my nick slightly here and finally found something that looked and sounded somewhat similar but was English.
elderberrywine (should be spelled in two words) sounds nice, I think. I make elderberry jam and we love it, but I have never tasted elderberry wine.

10 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

Well, Marion (That was John Wayne �s real first name), my photograph is definitely not of me. It �s my pet ferret, whose name is Ouizl (pronounced like "weasel").

@elderberrywine,
If I remember correctly, in the old play and movie "Arsenic and Old Lace", the aunts used poisoned elderberry wine to kill people.

Bruce

10 Sep 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

OMG !!!
That �s true!! I remember!
Just as well I have never drunk it or given it to anyone !!

10 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

Big smileI loved reading all your messages! Thank you all, & have a nice weekend!
 StexstmesylvLOL 
Hey, Firstime! So nice to see you again! ;o)))

10 Sep 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3