Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Those Were the Days    

Those Were the Days

Zora
Canada

Alex, I think that quite possibly you might have misunderstood Douglas � intent. As an "old timer", I also miss a site that was less worried about rules and more worried about people. As the site grows, we find ourselves surrounded more and more by "rules"... pretty soon, we will not be able to do more than ask grammar related questions on the forum.  And personally, I don �t care for the Cafe... it doesn �t allow for games like these ones ...

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4828

or

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4729

and sorry girls, I �ve gone into the Cafe and I was lost as to what �s up half the time... it �s unintentionally "clicky" whereas the forum wasn �t. Anybody could join in the games...

I think the purpose of all this is to make people realise that we can be light hearted, have fun, talk about our things in threads here on the forum... because, guess what? Those things are ESL resources! We are communicating ... in a fun,albeit crazy way at times - and that is what learning English is all about, no??? 

1 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Douglas and Linda  Clap.

1 Dec 2010     

MoodyMoody
United States

ESL Printables is like other organizations: as it grows, the rules need to be more clearly defined for the new people who don �t know the old, unwritten rules. It isn �t unlike what we face in the classroom. We need to teach people the rules of the English-speaking country because they don �t know.

Sure, there are a lot of cheaters. Always have been, always will be. Some cheat intentionally, some don �t. But it �s Victor �s site, so he gets to make and enforce the rules. Most of the rules are probably for Victor �s legal protection (e.g., no copies from web pages, no copyrighted or watermarked art). Some are there to make the worksheets more generally useful to everyone (must be an ESL resource, must be all English, at least four flashcards, and now answer key can �t be stand-alone).

I think the legal rules are critical for the survival of the site. Victor could get in serious trouble from those breaches. The other rules are there for us, really.  

1 Dec 2010     

cauffeepot
Benin

Let �s face it, this site was no good until I showed up... well, it �s the truth.

1 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2