Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Treat others the way you would like to be treated    

Treat others the way you would like to be treated

Pazrosa
Spain

Many thanks!!! you �ve got all my support!

13 Dec 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Shame on you, "elprofe" ! Good decision, Victor, thank you ... but ... his account is still active ...

13 Dec 2010     

coyote.chus
Spain

Yes, it is.
He has uploaded his 3 wss today...

13 Dec 2010     

Eibe
Portugal

Confused

Now that Elprofe has been crucified and banned, let �s try to be a bit more objective.
I didn �t know anything about this "fight" but I followed Victor �s links and read all the posts.
I agree that Elprofe was too hard at first, but I must say that Donapeter �s post for Pretty3 was not very nice! 
I do believe that if you really want to help ANYONE here, you should do it without any comments - even though you might mean well, people really hate being "told off" by another member.
Maybe Donapeter could have said something nicer to smooth things, it �s clear that Pretty3 was upset! In fact, it was another member who started the thread because he/she didn �t approve the tone used by Donapeter!
Donapeter didn �t seem to worry very much about her unnecessary comments on Pretty3 �s doubts, and I think that was what irritated Elprofe... The way I see it, he overreacted, but so did Donapeter when she replied to him... and both lacked humility and common sense. 
I didn �t know about Elprofe �s copied worksheets, and if Victor has found so many reasons for banning him, that �s ok with me.
But I must say that as far as this particular incident  between Donapeter and Elprofe is concerned, both were wrong and overreacted, so the best thing to do would be either making them stop that silly argument or banning the two of them.
Elprofe is still very young, but you could see he was very helpful and never pretended to look superior - but of course he is too impulsive.
Donapeter is probably an older person, and her help and advices have been precious to many of us; however, as I said above, she could just help with no comments attached.
Sometimes people overreact, it �s normal, thank God we �re no saints... Maybe the moderators could try to help other members moderate themselves... 

13 Dec 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Eibe
Portugal

Dear Eibe,

Could you please pay a little more attention to the threads, before posting.

You are not a forum moderator, our webmaster has already said, so it is said.
Whenever Victor needs someone �s opinion , he kindly asks for.

Please, I think you could perfectly erase your post; we are looking for peace in our work, no more judgements.
I have classes, until 6:00. If, by that time you have deleted your post, I �ll gladly erase mine.
I �m sure you �ll understand what I mean.
Thanks, my Portuguese colleague

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Oh, by the way, Thanks. Victor.

Linda

13 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

Well said Victor  Clap 
Thank you very much and Merry Christmas everyone

13 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks Victor!

It seems eslprofe and neferti accounts are still active...

According to the rules, if threads are considered inappropriate they�ll be erased. Members are banned when they infringe other rules, like: uploading copied material, opening a second account or using a second account to report / offend others.

Victor is only doing what he was asked for: treating this person as he treated the others.

Donapeter is a respectful member here, she has never been reported either for uploading copied material or for opening a second account. She also helps new members in the forum (many, many times). Yes, her answer was not �nice�, but wasn�t rude either. Are we to be nice? Can�t we merely answer the newbies� questions? She answered the question, gave links, etc. She didn�t say: �stop asking questions because you�re bothering us�. Her answer is quite useful IMHO.

Victor�s decision is fair � Alex infringed some rules (not for the first time indeed). As the webmaster he has the right to cancel any member�s account if he infringes the site rules.

Have a nice day!

13 Dec 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I really don �t want to throw more wood in the fire, but I have to say that having seen only the last thread, I also read the others and couldn �t find one rude remark out of Donapeter.

"Crying for help" is a common expression in the English language and used in the most general situations. Unlike Eibe, I wasn �t able to detect how upset Pretty33 was, as she didn �t even want to pursue on the matter of other members attacking Donapeter.

I totally understand Dona, and as I stated on the other thread, I do believe sometimes members do not think about the fact that we have only 10 visible threads and come here for the most simple doubt, which could easily be found through a quick research. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I can �t say) there �s no rule against hogging (and I mean, HOGGING only) the forum with everyday dictionary-definition questions or the like. And since people act as they please when using the forum, I find it odd that someone is harshly criticized when she speaks her mind, which BTW, was done with enough decorum for my taste (I wasn �t able to spot all the rudeness some are talking about in her post).

Anyways, if people are free to post as many questions as they want, and if they do it all the time (some weeks, on a daily basis - you can check it for yourself) other people are to be free to ask them to at least try to find things by themselves before "crying for help".

Wrapping up... I have to thank Victor for his wise (as usual) decision. That young (as he hated being pointed out) teacher has much to learn, not only as a teacher but as a man, for when he gets to be one. I was disturbed by his actions in this community and am glad everything was solved.

13 Dec 2010     

zailda
Brazil

People commented the other day that some appear on the forum just as a way of advertizing their worksheets, and that may be true; when a person we don�t know starts a thread or engages in one at the forum we normally click on his link to see who he is. We certainly analyze his work to see if what he says on the forum matches with the things he has done at the site.

For this reason I also consider that if a member is doing something wrong (having multiple accounts, uploading copied material, etc.), the worst place for him is the forum. Many overlooked copied worksheets were found because the �author� engaged in a thread on the forum. Alex just ignored this �detail� and was caught in the act. The less you disturb, the less attention people will pay to your little mistakes � or even the big ones.

But it seems the infringers often go on an ego trip and not only do they want to fool us, but are also eager to defy our intelligence being as visible as they can. More than one multiple user / copier were caught after participating in heated disputes on the forum, maybe the forum is the right place to hunt for cheaters!

Victor is more than right when he keeps one eye on the forum, the bad guys will appear sooner or later disguised as the person they want to be, because they always think they�re smarter than they really are, and that we are dumb enough to believe in their words more than we do in their behavior.

13 Dec 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Having different accounts is so pathetic! How greedy and needy can one be? Should I get one too to make sure all my new printables show up on top of the list of everyday �s downloads?

13 Dec 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >