Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Winner of caption No. 16    

Winner of caption No. 16

edrodmedina
United States

Winner of caption No. 16

The entries for this picture showed lots creativity and thought, but as my uncle Jos would say, there can only be one weiner. The winner of Caption No. 16 is Jayho with: The Artful Dodger duck style. The reference to Dickens character and the fact that I just saw a presentation of Oliver Twist at my grandson�s school clinched it for me.

Having chosen the next poster I have to address some concerns, and rightly so, that some members of the forum have. When I started this game I did not bully myself in but asked if it would be alright to start it. No one said no. The main concern is that it is taking up valuable space in the forum, which is probably true to a certain extent. But my post was on for most of the morning and a good portion of the afternoon which means it was not pushed off by more important posts. Also, I honestly don�t think that members here are not answering posts so that they can play this game, on the contrary, I think the games might attract some to check the forum more often and thereby see more posts than they would otherwise. Having said all of that and almost running out of ink, I will bow to the members of the forum if indeed they believe that the game is doing more harm than good. I promise not to cry (too much) if you think the game should be canceled. This message will self distruct in 15 seconds...Yours, Ed.
The Artful Dodger duck style.

10 Feb 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Ed, I think the game is very ESL oriented, as I expressed in the previous thread, and I agree with you that the game is NOT the reason other posts might go unanswered. I �m in to continue the games (WOD & CAPTION)......

Let �s see what other members say...

Mar

10 Feb 2011     

missveronica
Argentina

I like games, personally I dont participate much, but LOOOOVEEEE reading creative captions & WOD definitions
Keep the games, lose repetitive-boring posts :)

10 Feb 2011     

roneydirt
United States

Not only add my vote to keep it and WOD going but add my students.  Normally they are not wanting to see any educational sites even some that are wanting in their words "to be a teacher when I grow up..."
I find typically only certain posts really get answered and there has been a great decrease even before you started the caption contest.  If we go over the posts typically most get answered with the correct info right away so why re-answer something that has been already answered, another roughly 15% are advertisements for other sites, the last are discussion posts and if looked upon from a year ago we could say yes there has been a great decrease in comments.  But this is not from individuals like yourself trying to bring life back to the site.
ok
Could it also be that some of the teachers have had less time so only come on here to post their stuff and download what they need because of the economic thing.  There has been a decrease of teachers across the globe causing those still in to have to take on more classes.  Items like this add a little humour even when we don�t have the time to answer.

10 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Roney Thumbs Up !

10 Feb 2011     

NanG
Argentina

Dear Ed, add my vote too!! Thumbs Up

And I also agree with Mar and Roney !!

10 Feb 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

I �m for the games! Thanks Ed for introducing one of them. That was your picture of a bent school bus I  saw first on the front page. Got pulled in right away. Now so addicted to the Caption game that nothing �s gonna stop me. So... Don �t stop the music Smile

10 Feb 2011     

silvanija
Lithuania

I never play these games, but I love reading what others write. Better games than arguing. Wink

10 Feb 2011     

MarionG
Netherlands

silvanija, love your point about the arguing!Wink

10 Feb 2011     

elsnert
Russian Federation

I support your points of view. I �m always surprised how inventive and having great sence of humour you are. I �m for the games!

10 Feb 2011     

Amandina
Switzerland

Keep it up, Ed! Thumbs Up

10 Feb 2011     

1    2    3    Next >