Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD 999 - brabble    

WOD 999 - brabble

Jayho
Australia

WOD 999 - brabble

Thank you Pilarmham - an honour to be chosen

Today�s word apparently derives from my ancestors language.  I have never heard this word before and I just love it as well it�s true meaning.

But let�s see if you can make it even more meaningful and entertaining by doing your usual stuff. You know the go re the rules and stuff so I�m sure there will be no brabbling.

8 Mar 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

That �s the exact word to make a long story short when describing a stoned or drunk brat who �s rattling, gabbling, mumbling smth while wabbling (yet is still standing on his feet).
Must you be so hard on him? He was probably celebrating the International Women �s DayWink
Sophia

8 Mar 2011     

maryse pey�
France

BRAckets for BarBRA Streisand �s BuBBLEs of French champagne she puts in her so marvellous songs.

8 Mar 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Today being Women�s Day it is only fitting (pun intended) that we have a word that is related to a contraption which some have called a medieval form of torture, others call it an apparatus for altering a woman�s assets and yet others, a device for enhancing women�s beauty. Of course I�m talking about what some men affectionately call �the over the shoulder boulder holder� and others, that are less crass, call the brassier also known as the bra. To brabble is to talk incessantly or incoherently about brassieres.

8 Mar 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

A B-rabble is a second-string mob - as opposed to an A-rabble.

8 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Well, excellent definitions today - it �s sooooo hard to pick a winner with such fantabulous imaginations    but

I am pleased to announce maryse pey� as todays WOD winner.

Real meaning:

Verb � �To quarrel about trifles; esp. to quarrel noisily, brawl, squabble� � Brabble basically means to argue loudly about something that doesn�t really matter, as in �Why are we still brabbling about why WOD and Caption Comp belong in the cafe?� You can also use it as a noun: �Stop that ridiculous brabble and post something useful"

And just for the amusement of our male members: here�s a 2003 book to make you chuckle.

Read about the book here

9 Mar 2011