Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD con´t - brabble *** AND WINNER ***    

WOD con´t - brabble *** AND WINNER ***

Jayho
Australia

WOD con´t - brabble *** AND WINNER ***

WOD 999 - brabble con�t from http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=27009

Today�s word apparently derives from my ancestors language.  I have never heard this word before and I just love it as well it�s true meaning.

But let�s see if you can make it even more meaningful and entertaining by doing your usual stuff. You know the go re the rules and stuff so I�m sure there will be no brabbling.

9 Mar 2011      

moravc
Czech Republic

IMHO "to brabble" means to complain all the time. It is an annoying habit of commenting everything and being pessimistic each and every minute of the day.
My grandpa used to brabble about weather, food, neighbours, traffic etc...
It is an onomatopoeic expression... The Czech synonym is "brblal".
Can you hear the similar pronounciation of the English and Czech expressions? Wink

9 Mar 2011     

douglas
United States

Brabble-- to walk around and laugh under your breath about everything and say "Right Fred!"  (like Barney Rubble)

9 Mar 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

How about...

My (b)ble-in greek....bra...
My blue bra....

9 Mar 2011     

imanito
Morocco

some men start brabbling (like babbling) when they see a bra Tongue

9 Mar 2011     

Jayho
Australia

Well, excellent definitions today - it �s sooooo hard to pick a winner with such fantabulous imaginations    but

I am pleased to announce maryse pey� as todays WOD winner.

Real meaning:

Verb � �To quarrel about trifles; esp. to quarrel noisily, brawl, squabble� � Brabble basically means to argue loudly about something that doesn�t really matter, as in �Why are we still brabbling about why WOD and Caption Comp belong in the cafe?� You can also use it as a noun: �Stop that ridiculous brabble and post something useful"

And just for the amusement of our male members: here�s a 2003 book to make you chuckle.

Read about the book here

9 Mar 2011