Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Japanese colleagues    

Japanese colleagues

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Japanese colleagues

Japan was just hit by a massive earthquake 8.9 and big Tsunami.....to my dear friends in Japan I hope you are all O.K.

11 Mar 2011      

maryse pey�
France

All my thoughts are with our friends and all the Japanese !!! May they be all safe !

11 Mar 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Just yesterday I was thinking about our dear member David Lisgo as I haven�t seen him here for some time. I hope he and his family are all right. And of course my thoughts are with all other people in Japan

11 Mar 2011     

...Alena...
Russian Federation

May God help them all! My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear Japanese friends.  

11 Mar 2011     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i also hope juliag is ok too, i am worry about them... let �s pray for this country and our fellow teachers there..Cry

11 Mar 2011     

Greek Professor
Greece

My heart goes out to Japan. I hope everyone is well and that there are no victims.
My fellow esl friends...I hope you are all well...may god be with you

11 Mar 2011     

Bare
Croatia

Liz, I think juliag is OK, should be ok �cause I got her message this morning.
I �ve just seen terrifying video clips on the net and I �m speechless. May God help them! In moments like these I wish I could do something more...

11 Mar 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

all my thoughts are for the people in Japan... the fiance of a friend of mine is in Tokyo and she told me he was fine: he �s stuck in his office so he �s working! let �s hope the people there are fine too...

11 Mar 2011     

magneto
Greece

I don �t think we can even begin to grasp the size of such a disaster...I hope no human lives were lost.
My heart goes out to Japan. I hope our esl friends are all well...My thoughts are with the people in Japan...Stay strong...

11 Mar 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

My heart and prayers are with Japan. My dear Japanese friends, may God bless you, and please don �t lose faith. Hoping all Japanese ESLP members are Ok....

11 Mar 2011     

juliag
Japan

Hi,

Thank you all for your concern and your support.

Personally I �m fine, I live right in the center of the country and so we only felt a few tremors, but even then they were big enough for one of my adult students to both e-mail my mobile phone and call my home phone to see if I was okay!

I don �t know about any of the Japanese elsp members and can only  hope and pray that they too live far away from the affected area.

But it seems almost certain that there will be a great loss of life as a result of this tragic natural disaster.

Unfortunately I don �t have a working TV so I �m probably not any better informed than the rest of you guys, but I could watch a little of the live footage on my boyfriend �s mobile. There were scenes of the tsunami taken from the air. It seems whole towns and villages may have been swept away by them and my heart goes out to all those poor people. There have also been several fires and as it is a cold night again (minus 3 here and probably about the same in many of the affected areas) I only hope that the survivors who are still trapped can survive the cold as well as the earthquake.

Thank you all for your kind words, your positive thoughts, your prayers, all of which this nation needs now.

To my fellow teachers in Japan, I hope you and your loved ones are all okay and please let me know by PM if you are in or near an affected area and there is anything I can do to help you.

11 Mar 2011     

1    2    Next >