Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ¿A useful Idea?    

¿A useful Idea?

Mr. Maru
El Salvador

¿A useful Idea?

Hello there! ... On December 18th I had the chance to see the amazing job my dear colleage Gilorit did at her school. (http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=2906) Therefore I wanted to share with you this sort of collage I made for my students in my classroom. They were having issues with their spontaneity when making oral sentences in simple present, past and future. So this idea came out of my mind. I hope you find it inspiring in any sort of way.

20 Dec 2008      

MissMelissa12
Peru

IT LOOKS SUCH A BEAUTIFULL WORK. IT SURELLY WILL CALL STUDENT�S ATTENTION. I�M FIGURING OUT HOW TO MAKE THEM USE IT THOUGH . �I MIGHT DO THAT FOR MY STUDENTS AS WELL WHEN I FIND OUT HOW TO USE IT ! Thanks for your BRIGHT IDEA! �Clap

20 Dec 2008     

najyaa
Bahrain

Many thanks Mr.Maue .It is usfull.

I will use this ideaThumbs Up

20 Dec 2008     

Mr. Maru
El Salvador

It is easy to use. Just teach or review with your students the basic sentence structure = Person + Verb + Complement . After this make them use as many verbs as possible in the tenses you want. Also you can teach them where an adverb can go or a preposition so they can add it up to their sentence. The thing is that I got tired of listening "I can not think of a verb right now" ... My sts used to say that all the time. Now with this collage they have no excuse. I always tell my students to picture these images and words in their brain. Actually, I state, this is the way our brain stores them and we put them in order. That�s one of the main ideas I had in mind when creating this.

20 Dec 2008     

MissMelissa12
Peru

wow!! I think it�s awesome! thank you so much. I�ll definitely use this. My students always come up with the same complain as well. Thanks!

20 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Thank you for posting the picture. What a wonderful idea.
It looks like hard work and I�m sure it�s very motivating for your ss.
I�m just wondering in which order you place the cards on the wall. The days of the week, the time and the prepositions on top of them are obviously in a specific order. What about the rest of the cards?
Your picture is an inspiration to all teachers.

20 Dec 2008     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

Cool idea!!Wink It�s a pity I can�t use it - I�ve got a TV set on the wall and no spare room.

20 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

Talking walls are great.  And yours is very useful.
good job.

20 Dec 2008     

gilorit
Israel

It is a lovely wall Mr. Maru.
I am adopting the idea ;-)
Orit

20 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks Mr Maru!

I have a large section of space available in the student entry hall at school. I�ll use something similar in the New Year - at the moment it�s full of Christmas stuff &  a few other things. I�ll post a picture3 when I�ve got it up & running.

Best wishes for the season. Approve
B-)

20 Dec 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

This is the sort of pictures i would love to see more of here on the website!!!

sharing real teaching ideas.  thank you so much.  this sort of display is an inspiration to others!

20 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >