Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Materials to decorate your classroom (Part ONE)    

Materials to decorate your classroom (Part ONE)

cheezels
New Zealand

A hangi is a traditional way of cooking food from the Maori culture in NZ. A great big pit is dug into the ground and hot coals are put in. Now days the food is put wrapped in aluminium inside big wire baskets, but the traditional way is to wrap the food in leaves and flax etc, lay on the hot coals cover with leaves and flax and then recover the earth over top and leave to cook. (The whole day) The food is very moist and has a smokey smell and taste. Cooking meat this way makes it so tender it literally falls apart. My favourite is pumpkin and kumera (a type of sweet potato) cooked this way. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm There are places in NZ that you can go, like in Rotorua that you can have a Hangi meal as a tourist. My school in NZ used to do them as fundraisers :-)

Making me hungry here....

20 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

you got it Zora!!

And now, finally, something from me to french frog....

This is Gerard the Frog!

He has the lead role in a wonderful little story. There�s also a very tasty recipe (sans frog) that goes with it.

Bon appetit dear french frog  Thumbs Up

20 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Thanks cheezels for the explanation.  Smile

20 Dec 2008     

alien boy
Japan

Yes, thanks cheezels! It�s been toooo long since I had the pleasure of hangi... now where can I find something even half that good out here in Saitama RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Thanks for playing too Zora!

20 Dec 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3