Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY    

WORD OF THE DAY

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

WORD OF THE DAY

WORD OF THE DAY
Thank you, dear Mar, for your kindness in choosing me as the Winner of the WOD Competition!

Here is the Word of the Day, (it is a common UK expression), for you to send your definitions over the weekend.
The phrase is:
"THE LOLLIPOP LADY"
Who is The Lollipop Lady?
What is The Lollipop Lady?
Why is The Lollipop Lady?
When is The Lollipop Lady?
Where is The Lollipop Lady?
How is The Lollipop Lady?

I await, with avid, anxious anticipation, your daft definitions; your exhausting explanations; your dizzy descriptions; your idiotic interpretations; your cooky clarifications; your dotty denotations; your erudite expositions; your insane illustrations; your enigmatic elucidations; your absurd accounts; your wretched reports; your cock-eyed comments; your foolish footnotes; your jelly-brained justifications; your enthusiastic explications; your asinine answers; your ridiculous rationalisations; your vapid vindications; and your crass, barmy, potty, crackpot, hare-brained, crack-brained, half-baked hypothesese theorising this theme.

"Ready? On your Marks! GO!"

Les

31 Jul 2011      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

ok! I �m new in this game!

i think s Lollipop Lady is a sour food with a shape of a fat woman, that is given to children when they don �t do their homework!

ascincoquinas

31 Jul 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Your daffynitions are too far fetched! Let �s keep it simple! Here is something  for the lollipop lady who is standing there, in the rain, while everyone is trying to imagine  some absurd daffynitionLOL
So, dear Lollipop lady , I hope you �re well and this is a present for you to wear in rainy Newcastle and when you are under weather. Hope they fit!( Had to reduce the size of the picture and just want to say that the words written on the boots is "lollipop!)�

31 Jul 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

As anyone with even the vaguest recollection of the 60 �s knows, �The Lollipop Lady � must be Millie Small. Or perhaps not, since the expression could also refer to the late Anna Nicole Smith who was famous for her profound, age-transcending love for her sugar daddy (a �pop � with lotsa lolly).

31 Jul 2011     

valentinaper
Greece

Of course the term Lollipop Lady (or, even better, Lollipop Young Lady) refers to the character of Lolita in Vladimir Nabokov �s book. She is the impersonation of seduction. As for the "where", I guess she �s always at Jeremy Irons � side, to constantly cause him pain. I mean, look at the lassie...what else is there to say?

31 Jul 2011     

miss K.
Ukraine

Who is The Lollipop Lady?Lollipop lady is a lady, young or old, she can be all.
What is The Lollipop Lady? her job is to hold a lollipop on on a stick
Why is The Lollipop Lady? ��so that every child can have a lick
When is The Lollipop Lady? She does so from morning till night, when the sun shines bright
Where is The Lollipop Lady? In the most central parking lane
How is The Lollipop Lady? ���How? Very easily From Monday to Friday she works in Brisbane

31 Jul 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

The Lollypop Lady is no other than OLIVIA! Popeye �s girlfriend, who got this nickname, due to her veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slim (skinny) figure, and also very round HEAD!!! Here are some of her most famous poses when she participates in fashion shows!

olivia

31 Jul 2011     

teresasimoes
Portugal

"THE LOLLIPOP LADY"

is someone you would like to invite for a nice cup of tea with lemon and no sugar.

1 Aug 2011     

mary-butterfly
Brazil

the lollipop lady 

is a romantic lady that is waiting for a new love in front of the garden holding a lollipop.

1 Aug 2011