Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Only enjoy!    

Only enjoy!

ellakass
Israel

Only enjoy!

It is not about ws or ppt,not about stolen works...
2 min to enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVZi_JLbTYw&feature=email

26 Jan 2012      

Stellam
Argentina

Smile It �s lovely! Thank you, Elvira

26 Jan 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

sorry but -as a Dutch native- this makes me cringe....

I think I prefer reading about stolen worksheets or preview problems :)

26 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Do you feel embarrassed about your cultural heritage, Marion? Or you hate the stereotype?
Sophia

26 Jan 2012     

ariana07307
Ecuador

Clap 

26 Jan 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Loved it Elvira, Thanks

Linda

26 Jan 2012     

maryse pey�
France

Nice thought for a warm pause ! Thanks dear !

Plenty of music and hugs !

Maryse.

26 Jan 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

@ueslteacher/ Sophia,
If this was the only cultural heritage I would indeed be embarrassed. Of course this video is very far removed for the actual Dutch folklore, the traditional dress isn �t nearly as colorful and only worn in one or two villages today and I personally am no fan of Andre Rieux, whose flair for enormous, lavish shows is even further removed from traditional Dutch no-nonsense-ness. Fortunately there are a lot of things about Holland which do make me proud, and I become more and more aware of them as I live outside it longer, such as its multiculturalism, its acceptance of �the other �, its social/environmental engagement and its down to earth common sense. I know, I know, also in Holland voices of intolerance are on the rise but hey, everything is relative...

26 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

@Marion: thanks for getting back and explaining about your feelings, it means a lot to me. So do you think the man is actually mocking the tradition?
BTW as to the environmental engagement, here in Ukraine if I hear that a veg (say carrot) is from Holland that actually would make me not buy it as we think it �s artificially grown. What do you think?
Sophia

26 Jan 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Sophia,
I don �t think he is purposefully mocking in the sense of ridiculing, it is just so overdone it becomes kitch IMHO.
About the carrot..I honestly can �t tell you. I �ve been living outside Holland for almost 20 years now. I do visit twice a year but until a year or two ago, the only carrots I ever ate were grown by my parents in a garden they rented for a symbolic sum from the municipality, on the outskirts of the town they live in. I do know that Holland has fairly strict rules on pesticides etc. which are allowed  (or rather not) so at last it shouldn�t be too chemical....
I must admit that agricultural news never was high on my must read list...

26 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks, Marion:) I always like to know it first-hand:)
Sophia

26 Jan 2012     

1    2    Next >