Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Happy with your salary??    

Happy with your salary??

Helen McK
Ireland

Happy with your salary??

Hello again everybody, Smile

I�m probably lowering the tone of the site here,Wink but I�m just curious about something.  I sometimes notice people on this site lamenting the fact that their salary is so low.  I know the rate of pay for teachers varies greatly from country to country, but is anyone actually satisfied with their rate of pay?

Helen

8 Jan 2009      

S�lvia73
Portugal

Not really, Helen! If the state paid me for the hours I work, at school and at home, I would have to earn twice my salary!!!

8 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

prices have gone extremely high and our salary is the same
and the governor has said.....
That we won�t get any salary raise!!!!

(everything according to your avatar, helen!!!Wink, just a coincidence)

8 Jan 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

Hello everybody
I have been a member for a few months, uploading and dowloading materials and the website is indeed very useful
Thank you all for everything (in particular those who dowloaded my worksheets and left encouraging comments)
This is my first ontribution on the forum.... I cannot be indifferent to money matters
More or less satisfied here in France, but I should admit that most of the time I work as a free lance, so I decide myself about my pay per hour  ... Otherwise the pays are rather low in general
M SIMOUR

8 Jan 2009     

skarfreak
Philippines

mmm.. it depends... if i really take it seriously, it�s way too low.. here in thailand, filipinos are paid just half they paid ofr native speakers.. however, i don�t argue with it...

Anyway, as long as it could compensate a little with the number of hours i�m teaching....  but really, honestly, i�m not satisfied, but do i have a choice????

Godspeed and enjoy your day...

8 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Talking about an average, how much do you earn per hour in Euros or dollar money?

8 Jan 2009     

cindymchugh511
United States

I would have to admit that as an American working in Japan through the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme I am satisfied with my salary.  (and working on paying off my student loans!)

8 Jan 2009