Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is your definition of an ESL resource? (Beware: probably a hot issue)    

What is your definition of an ESL resource? (Beware: probably a hot issue)

libertybelle
United States

I think black and white coloring pictures are fantastic to use with the younger learners!
But in a controlled situation!
I teach beginners by starting with colors.
Then then next sheet will have a coloring page with clothes.

I will write - and they will read:
See the boy. He is wearing a red shirt.
Please color the shirt red.
etc.
This way I build up a vocabulary, have the children reading and use the coloring to check if they have understood what they�ve read.
Building up a vocabulary in this way gives them a sense of success, because each week there is always an "old" word together with a "new" word.

A new lesson with all new words is overwhelming for them.
and lastly, by coloring, they participate in making the worksheet their own.

hugs
L

17 Jan 2009     

cely
Argentina

Hello everybody!

(Well this is my first time here, I really like the forum, but as I�m not a teacher I�m afraidI could have many grammar mistakes, so... sorry about this).

Just to say I totally agree with you! I always see people annoying about the borders, clipart, contends etc.... I�d like to know why people are still sending that stuff.

I don�t always �upload a �worksheet because it�s take me a lot of time to create one that Ithink could help others butI have to spend a longtime revisingthe�� new worksheets��because the list is very long with a lot of ws. only with picturesjust because they do not respect the rules!

In addition, I do not understand why in spite of the of other members� suggestions members���continue downloading Ws.reported as stolen ones!I really get upset when�I see this.�I REALLY DON�T UNDERSTAND.

Is there anything that we could do about this?

17 Jan 2009     

Zora
Canada

Maybe Mietz... but each teacher may have a different vision or use for that same worksheet - and at that age, when you are working with small kids - you improvise a LOT. If you know the kids like the colour green and something is pink, then you�ll maybe change it ...

I just think that we are nitpicking here... I enjoy making elaborate worksheets but truthfully, I don�t envy others work, even if it�s a "picture" or a flashcard. This is not a contest to see who can get the most points... It�s about sharing, nothing more, nothing less...

17 Jan 2009     

Mietz
Germany

@ Zora
But these explanations are suggestions and ideas for others. And when people don�t even draw these pics themselves, I don�t think that�s enough effort to really earn a point. I�m not suggesting these things can�t be used as ESL resources. I wouldn�t know how, though - given that I�m not teaching children. I have great respect for the people who do, though.
Anyway - need to get back to work...

17 Jan 2009     

spring
Turkey

Hi Yeti,
I am so sorry if I caused you harm.
My intention wasn�t that,cos I especially said that "........... if they are not teaching kindergarten children" ,what I mean some people in here are just in the aim of gaining points and they are constantly upolading these kind of staff with no purpose..
My question was directed to those members with a little satirism cos they spend any effort..
I wanted to highlight this fact with this question but it is really not intented for kindergarten teachers..
Of course I know that being a kindergarten teacher is even more difficult than being a primary teacher.
Kids are very energetic,it is difficult for them to concentrate easily e.t.c
As I indicated before I am in favour of colouring pages but there must be vocabulary to study on it,right instructions should be used while studying,speaking should be encouraged and bla bla bla (You have already known)  
I really didn�t meant to upset you.
I implied those lazy teachers.But I think you misunderstood or I didn�t use the right words..

17 Jan 2009     

alien boy
Japan

If in doubt, please see Victor�s opinion in this link.

Regards,
ab

18 Jan 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3