Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > PLEASE DON ´T START MORE "MERRY CHRISTMAS" THREADS -- OR ALL THE OTHER TOPICS WILL DISAPPEAR     

PLEASE DON ´T START MORE "MERRY CHRISTMAS" THREADS -- OR ALL THE OTHER TOPICS WILL DISAPPEAR

elderberrywine
Germany

PLEASE DON ´T START MORE "MERRY CHRISTMAS" THREADS -- OR ALL THE OTHER TOPICS WILL DISAPPEAR

do we need a dozen "merry Christmas" threads that make all the other threads disappear in no time???

PLEASE DON �T START MORE "MERRY CHRISTMAS" THREADS OR OTHER THREADS WILL DISAPPEAR

People have questions or problems or ideas besides Christmas wishes, and not everybody in the world celebrates Christmas !!!

PLEASE   add your wishes to one of the EIGHT or so threads we have already!

22 Dec 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank God somebody has said it. 

22 Dec 2012     

elderberrywine
Germany

le �s keep pushing it to the top of the list 

22 Dec 2012     

foose1
United States

Not everybody celebrates X-mas but I sure have to teach it.  X-Mas is near and X-Mas is X-Mas.  Even if you don �t celebrate it, why stop everybody who does from celebrating it? Shoot, I have to be Santa this year and it gets pretty hot here in Thailand and much too hot to be wearing a Santa Suit.   X-Mas is X-Mas so let it be.  I really enjoy the cards and do not have too much time to be checking out threads for past X-Mas cards.

John

22 Dec 2012     

Mohammad Aemmi
Iran

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here.
I live in Iran & this is my blog:

http://mohammadaemmi.blogfa.com/

22 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi John

Christmas is great, but do we need everyone to post fancy cards? No, we don �t - there are millions at the press of a button on Google anyway. And usually, posts on the same topic appear under one thread. Soon, there will be nothing but Christmas cards. You are right that not everyone celebrates Christmas, let �s keep the forum for its proper purpose. I teach it too; ppts and wss help, these posts don �t.

22 Dec 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

We all have to follow and respect the rules of this website, don �t we?
And in the rules it is clearly stated:
If you want to share photos, wishes, funny videos, etc. please use the "teachers � cafe", not the forum.
Don �t take me wrong, I am not against people being happy and sharing their happiness, but it can be done in the cafe. 
Sophia

22 Dec 2012     

elderberrywine
Germany

John, who wants to stop people from celebrating Christmas?
I actually celebrate it myself, so calm down!!

We just want to stop people from opening dozens of "Merry Christmas" threads which would make it impossible to have any other threads on the forum.
People who have other things in mind than Christmas and need help or want to point out useful websites would have no chance of their threads staying up on the list.

22 Dec 2012     

@mydesk
Albania

I can �t belive it!!!!.... when I spoke about this type of post belonging in the teacher �s Cafe I was insulted... told I had no xmas spirit... now look!!!! Where were you people then...

22 Dec 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well done, @my desk, you have said the right thing, but actually, you were a bit slow.There should be no debate about this, it �s what is called a �no brainer �. Of course it is quite absurd to flood the forum with Christmas cards. One thread is quite sufficient. I �m not even sure the cafe gang would want nothing but Christmas cards on there. It �s crazy.  

22 Dec 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Gang or no gang, Lynne, that �s what the cafe is for, so if others want to share season �s wishes, let them do it there.
@mydesk: maybe there weren �t so many of them then (I mean cards), so people weren�t that annoyed:) 
And it isn �t even Christmas yet... can you imagine the Christmas Eve or Christmas morning:)
Sophia

22 Dec 2012     

1    2    3    Next >